Honored Contributor

Re: GIFTS! GIFTS! GIFTS! DO YOU WANT TO BUILD SNOWMAN?, A MUSIC SYSTEM TO MAKE YOU SING AND DANCE!

On 10/9/2014 CalmInTheHeart said:

I won't be watching Q.

I wonder if Q will ever figure out it's easier to keep loyal customers than get new ones all the time. They could do a few things suggested the last couple of years and improve sales from people who have been going elsewhere because they have all the computers, ugly toys, mattresses, Dooneys, heel scrapers, and flashlights they need.

Hi CalmIn.......

It's amazing how the programming gets more and more boring with each and every day!

I am working from home today (on my lunch time now) and I was amazed that I actually saw some NFL jackets and Pat said that QVC had heard comments from customers and would be bringing more NFL items in......so see on a very very RARE occasion that they DO listen to customers.... SOMETIMES.....we can only hope Smiley Happy '

I just don't see how they can keep going with the few limited items and continue to be successful.....how many computers, same ole toys, heel scrapers, logo locks, and flashlights can the same customer purchase over and over ....it seems that they are not using any common sense....

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

Re: GIFTS! GIFTS! GIFTS! DO YOU WANT TO BUILD SNOWMAN?, A MUSIC SYSTEM TO MAKE YOU SING AND DANCE!

On 10/9/2014 Remee said:

Sad, sadder, and saddest. But thanks SPURT for your reliable reports.

Well, after December do we have to tolerate G.I.L.I. shows or will they disappear? I hope so in desire of more affordable priced items. and I wonder who will become queen of PM Style ?

Guess there will be some promoting around the Q, huh ?

Shame it surely won't affect the weekends though. You know this is set in stone throughout Christmas and into New Year's. Wonder about after that ??

But there are a whole lot of weekends between now and then, so can we expect anything different ????

Anticipating the answer is "no" to that question, I truly believe QVC heads need some psychiatric examining. It's just hard to believe that the weekends are bringing in so much revenue with the programming as is now. However, I must be wrong as we haven't seen any changes to date.

Do you think they will add any new tapes for the holidays while closed down for us, or another holiday of the same old tired reruns of the past there as well ????

It's going to be sad holidays around here I believe.

They will be scrambling some hosts around after December 12th as well, won't they ???? {#emotions_dlg.lol}

Hi Remee....thanks for your continued support.....

I don't understand how electronic sales continue to decline quarter after quarter, YET what does the Q bring to us on the weekends, MORE COMPUTERS!!!!! They must've got one heck of a deal from Dell and HP.....But the whole thing doesn't make sense.....

It will be interesting to see what happens with PM Style---will Lisa's co-host, Courtney take over (if so I will NEVER watch PM Style again).....or will it be Sandra Bennett, a popular substitute whenever Lisa went on assignment or on vacation.....who knows? Everything that they do at the Q is so illogical that you can even fathom what their next move will be....As for the Gili line.....I just don't think that this line looked good on all figure types ...it was geared more for the XXS size and the clothing styles were more of a variations of the same thing. ....Some of the FASHION TALK regulars noted that GILI has a LOT in clearance, so that does not say much for the clothing line......And although the handbags were popular there seemed to be some quality issues....

First Claire Watts, now Lisa.....there are some changes going on, but QVC seems more concerned with opening QVC France {#emotions_dlg.rolleyes} Their parent company has put QVC and their part ownership in HSN in a separate stock group now, so their financial results will be front and center and not buried within Libertyinteractive other companies......

Interesting times are happening in the front office, but unfortunately it's not translating into product and programming variety---but one can only hope!

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

On 10/9/2014 kittymomNC said:

Spurt, you did an outstanding job on this! It gave me a good laugh ... and it must have taken some time and effort to get all those great pics to go along with everything. Good post! {#emotions_dlg.thumbup}

And it starts on Friday! Aren't we lucky? At least they're still going to "allow" Fashionably Early, and Isaac on Friday, along with Shawn's "Accessorize'...and I hope it's not a mistake that they've listed AM Style on Saturday. For the rest of the weekend, my remote will have a permanent "skip it" programmed for QVC! {#emotions_dlg.blink}

Hi KittymomNC.... thank you for your kind words....{#emotions_dlg.blushing} And I loved the captioned photos you posted too they were right on! {#emotions_dlg.thumbup}

Not anything worth watching any more on QVC ...... it seems that shows that I used to enjoy...Am Style, Carolyn Pollack, Christmas In July, Your Home With Jill have become monotonous and boring and unwatchable and make me turn the channel....

Honored Contributor

On 10/9/2014 Fona said:

SPURT: You did it again. I wish QVC programming was even half as entertaining as your posts. I wonder if the new CEO is aware how many viewers are rooting for his/her new ideas for the future. This week, it is impossible to choose a favorite from your gorgeous feline models but I think your Hello Kitty kitty wins by a whisker for me. That is the most huggable face ever.

Hi Fona....that you for your nice comments and support

I love love love that Hello Kitty model too...she is adorable and certainly captures that Hello Kitty spirit....I want to reach out and give her a hug too!{#emotions_dlg.laugh}

One can only hope that someone, somewhere gets a revelation and makes much needed changes!

Honored Contributor

On 10/9/2014 MJDinHawaii said: Another sensational preview for the weekend (at least the preview is sensational if the programming isn't inspiring!). Thank you, Spurt! I especially like the kitty with the tiara - very couture, indeed!

Hi MJD....how are you doing?

The kitty with the tiara is very regal......and the crown with the heart is just a perfect feline depicion of you know who...Wink{#emotions_dlg.laugh}

Thanks for your continued support..

Honored Contributor

On 10/9/2014 jackthebear said:

sad

Yep the programming is pretty sad...pathetic...boring....yet believe it or not there are some folks on these forums that think NOTHING needs to be changed....

Honored Contributor

On 10/9/2014 Kay SD said:

You had me at the hello, kitty photo at the beginning. Too adorbs. Just like Kitty White. And I loved the gray cat making rude remarks to the laptop. I feel like that myself sometimes.

I dunno, though, I think the kitten football might be more entertaining than the NFL kind...however, I definitely agree that either would beat more PCs. Yawn.

Thanks for the fun post, Spurt. You did it again!

Hi Kay SD....

The Hello Kitty is a personal favorite....{#emotions_dlg.biggrin}

It sounds like you've been watching my NFL team, because Kitty Football is indeed far more entertaining....{#emotions_dlg.laugh}

Thanks for your nice comments {#emotions_dlg.blushing}

Honored Contributor

On 10/10/2014 mewsmomtoo said:

I can only say "awwwwww" - does it get any cuter than this?

And Happy Birthday to Jasper! Maybe his mom will bring home something tasty from the showSmile (I have a kitty who was just diagnosed with kidney disease AND hyperthyroid so I am learning a lot about kitty nutrition at the moment. She's a picky eater too!{#emotions_dlg.blink})

Hi mewsmomtoo---

That hello kitty is a sweetie....

So sorry to hear about your kitty being diagnosed with kidney disease and hyperthyroid. I wish her the best and will keep kitty in my prayers...

My dear cat Buddy was diagnosed with kidney disease in his later years, he was 16, I tried all kinds of special food, even tried a home made recipe for cats with kidney problems--he wouldn't eat any of it....I took him back to the vet and he basically told me to just feed him something he likes.....he lived for quite a few years before crossing over the rainbow bridge.....Buddy was a funny cat, he thought he was a dog {#emotions_dlg.laugh}

I appreciate your continued support...

Honored Contributor

On 10/9/2014 stevieb said:

So, it's to be YET another no Q weekend at my house... Oh well, it's now the clear norm... But listen Spurt, just as it's time for our dear, dear Mary to give the selfies a rest, I'm thinking it's time you gave the kitties a rest too... In the way of paying homage to those brilliant minds in corporate and the roster of hosts who are always such a joy to watch, I'm thinking pictures of gerbils on wheels, hamsters in mazes and trained chimps might be a much welcome diversion... You know, just for a week or two...

HP huh... The only brand I'd put below Dell on my personal 'to do' list... No, no and no... Besides, at least when Dell is commandeering the airwaves, one passing through quickly, and I do mean quickly, can at least catch a glimpse of their little cutie of a rep. Not the case with HP, which, of course, means there is utterly no reason to even risk flipping past as one seeks out greener pastures, which surely shouldn't be too hard to find... And after all dear Spurt, the holiday shopping season is once again upon us, as it has been here since, well, July, so we all knew it was only a matter of time before we'd see the Bose blowing out the candle... Awwwwwww the Q, predictable as always... And like always, it's a weekend (not that it much matters anymore) so I won't be there...

{#emotions_dlg.scared}

Oh, Happy Birthday Jasper, you sweetie!

Wink

Hey Stevie....you keep asking if QVC has "gotten it yet".....well it looks like Lisa DID....I wonder if her reason for leaving was because she just got so bored presenting the few limited products over and over and over and over again!!!! Of course we will never know the real reason....BUT you just wonder how these hosts do it, because it would drive me absolutely BONKERS {#emotions_dlg.scared} Perhaps this explains the erratic behavior of some of the hosts....

Lisa appeared to be their top sales person so now what is QVC going to do....go to Meet The Hosts and look you don't see a viable replacement.....one can speculate that sales will decline even further....Oh they may have Courtney move over to take over PM Style, or perhaps Mrs. Bennett, but Lisa had a special something that spoke to viewers and she got them to buy what she was selling... that talent can't be replicated. GASP....I only hope that JRT or "the marm" don't crown themselves as "the replacement"!!!!.....SHUDDER! {#emotions_dlg.w00t} Who will get the trip to Italy, or will the Q now abandon it totally and save some money...we will have to wait and see....

I watched Pat this morning and she was quite pleasant without Jayne urging her to act silly......why she even did a show with THE QUEEN OF HEARTS and she did a decent job. And I like Carolyn too....but neither is Lisa. Sandra is beautiful, but something about her, like she seems to just go through the motions.....the rest of them.....you know how I feel about Courtney,---and then there's Jacque, JRT, Antonella, Nancy, Kirsten, Sharon (PLEASE), the marm--no way!.....and they've pretty much pushed Jennifer and Gabrielle aside but neither has "the it" factor...Jayne Brown and Mary Beth seem to be working part time....And to tell the truth, I thought Shawn would be leaving the Q, not Lisa....Yep the Q is in even MORE TROUBLE with "the announcement"....{#emotions_dlg.thumbdown} I wonder how some of Q's vendors are going to feel about it....Oh no, that means that Rick will move up as "the favorite" for some of the jewelry vendors....{#emotions_dlg.laugh}

I wish Lisa the best, she has made some good contacts and hopefully she will fare better than other hosts that have left the Q looking for greener pastures.......of course Lisa needs to be aware in this world today unfortunately it seems that those "40 or over " are being kicked to the curb in favor of cute, perky, "young things".....just look at what they've done to the "older" but competent female sports reporters that work for the networks....

MERRY CHRISTMAS!--Yep the ever predictable Bose, Hp, Dell, Vitamix, Shark, Dyson, Ortha, Emjoi, Flashlights, Flashpads, Poo-Pourri and Philosophy will take their rotation until we sing Auld Lang Syne...nothing to capture my imagination ..... so I won't be wasting my time or money...{#emotions_dlg.glare}

Valued Contributor

Thank you Spurt for your kind words regarding my kitty. I don't want to turn this into a kitty thread, but I hope you don't mind if I talk to kittymomNC briefly: Hi KittymomNC, I do know about your Baby Cat, I've learned some things from reading your threads and I'm sure I will have questions as Gracie and I work our way through this so thank you for the offer of help (and my vet did actually take Gracie's BP - that was a first for meSmile)