Super Contributor

Re: GIFTS! GIFTS! GIFTS! DO YOU WANT TO BUILD SNOWMAN?, A MUSIC SYSTEM TO MAKE YOU SING AND DANCE!

You had me at the hello, kitty photo at the beginning. Too adorbs. Just like Kitty White. And I loved the gray cat making rude remarks to the laptop. I feel like that myself sometimes.

I dunno, though, I think the kitten football might be more entertaining than the NFL kind...however, I definitely agree that either would beat more PCs. Yawn.

Thanks for the fun post, Spurt. You did it again!

Honored Contributor

Re: GIFTS! GIFTS! GIFTS! DO YOU WANT TO BUILD SNOWMAN?, A MUSIC SYSTEM TO MAKE YOU SING AND DANCE!

Oh and what a treat!!!!! Not only has the 'generic Christmas programming' ensued, and in earnest, but they're giving us a full FIVE hours of heaven only knows what to wrap up a stellar Bose Sunday! Let's all tune in and stayed glued to our screens on the VERY off chance that they might actually show something both interesting and that they haven't shown a hundred times before! Who's in!?

{#emotions_dlg.w00t}

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Esteemed Contributor

On 10/9/2014 stevieb said:

Oh and what a treat!!!!! Not only has the 'generic Christmas programming' ensued, and in earnest, but they're giving us a full FIVE hours of heaven only knows what to wrap up a stellar Bose Sunday! Let's all tune in and stayed glued to our screens on the VERY off chance that they might actually show something both interesting and that they haven't shown a hundred times before! Who's in!?

{#emotions_dlg.w00t}

Not me! However, it might be preferable to the SEVEN HOURS of Shark Solutions on Monday, with the Shark TSV thrown into a couple of other shows. tearing hair emoticon

Honored Contributor

On 10/9/2014 kittymomNC said:
On 10/9/2014 stevieb said:

{#emotions_dlg.w00t}

Not me! However, it might be preferable to the SEVEN HOURS of Shark Solutions on Monday, with the Shark TSV thrown into a couple of other shows. tearing hair emoticon

Oh boy, it just gets better and better... with no end in sight.

Cool

Super Contributor

Sad, sadder, and saddest. But thanks SPURT for your reliable reports.

Well, after December do we have to tolerate G.I.L.I. shows or will they disappear? I hope so in desire of more affordable priced items. and I wonder who will become queen of PM Style ?

Guess there will be some promoting around the Q, huh ?

Shame it surely won't affect the weekends though. You know this is set in stone throughout Christmas and into New Year's. Wonder about after that ??

But there are a whole lot of weekends between now and then, so can we expect anything different ????

Anticipating the answer is "no" to that question, I truly believe QVC heads need some psychiatric examining. It's just hard to believe that the weekends are bringing in so much revenue with the programming as is now. However, I must be wrong as we haven't seen any changes to date.

Do you think they will add any new tapes for the holidays while closed down for us, or another holiday of the same old tired reruns of the past there as well ????

It's going to be sad holidays around here I believe.

They will be scrambling some hosts around after December 12th as well, won't they ???? {#emotions_dlg.lol}

Esteemed Contributor

one of your best, SPURT.....gotta love the first kitty masquerading as Hello Kitty...so adorable....but then so are the many other kitties.....loved them all....I counted 10 times the HP will be featured....I am guessing the Bose will get equal time...we can only hope the new person will make some major changes and we won't drown in overkill each weekend....

Valued Contributor

I can only say ""awwwwww"" - does it get any cuter than this?

And Happy Birthday to Jasper! Maybe his mom will bring home something tasty from the show (I have a kitty who was just diagnosed with kidney disease AND hyperthyroid so I am learning a lot about kitty nutrition at the moment. She's a picky eater too!)

Honored Contributor

On 10/9/2014 Remee said:

Well, after December do we have to tolerate G.I.L.I. shows or will they disappear? I hope so in desire of more affordable priced items. and I wonder who will become queen of PM Style ?

Shame it surely won't affect the weekends though. You know this is set in stone throughout Christmas and into New Year's. Wonder about after that ??

But there are a whole lot of weekends between now and then, so can we expect anything different ????

Anticipating the answer is "no" to that question, I truly believe QVC heads need some psychiatric examining. It's just hard to believe that the weekends are bringing in so much revenue with the programming as is now. However, I must be wrong as we haven't seen any changes to date.

Do you think they will add any new tapes for the holidays while closed down for us, or another holiday of the same old tired reruns of the past there as well ????

They will be scrambling some hosts around after December 12th as well, won't they ???? {#emotions_dlg.lol}

No idea about Gili or PMS, but I can say that as far as I'm concerned Lisa's departure is pretty much the kiss of death for QVC. She's essentially been my 'go-to' host, who, despite her foibles, I've personally found most watchable. Occasionally I'd watch her shows even given the dreadful merchandise... There are a few other hosts I like, but none that can induce me to sit and watch this drivel, so I fully suspect that once LR leaves, I won't be watching QVC at all. It isn't that I've fallen into the Q's whole 'host-driven' concept, as I enjoyed Lisa well before they moved into that 'genre' of home shopping, but given the dreadful merchandise, the awful programming and no host who occasionally allowed them to rise about it, well, no thanks... I surely hope she does better 'post-Q' than the others who chose to leave have done.

Esteemed Contributor

On 10/10/2014 mewsmomtoo said:

I can only say "awwwwww" - does it get any cuter than this?

And Happy Birthday to Jasper! Maybe his mom will bring home something tasty from the showSmile (I have a kitty who was just diagnosed with kidney disease AND hyperthyroid so I am learning a lot about kitty nutrition at the moment. She's a picky eater too!{#emotions_dlg.blink})

Mewsmom, O/T, but I'm sorry to hear that your kitty has kidney disease and hyperthyroid.{#emotions_dlg.sad} As you may or may not know from my posts, my Baby Cat has had kidney disease for 3-1/2 years, and is currently on meds for high blood pressure. If you ever have any questions that I might be able to help you with or just want to vent, I'd be more than glad to "listen" or give you any info, tips, or tricks I've learned over these years. She's been at the point for some time where we don't worry about the diet food any more (she ate it well in the beginning), she eats whatever she wants when she wants and what flavor she wants! My pantry is stocked with wet food, and the top of my fridge with flavors of dry - she gets on my kitchen bar and looks up at the bags and meows to tell me she wants something....and of course she gets it! {#emotions_dlg.wub} Good luck with your baby! Smile

Esteemed Contributor

On 10/10/2014 stevieb said:
On 10/9/2014 Remee said:

No idea about Gili or PMS, but I can say that as far as I'm concerned Lisa's departure is pretty much the kiss of death for QVC. She's essentially been my 'go-to' host, who, despite her foibles, I've personally found most watchable. Occasionally I'd watch her shows even given the dreadful merchandise... There are a few other hosts I like, but none that can induce me to sit and watch this drivel, so I fully suspect that once LR leaves, I won't be watching QVC at all. It isn't that I've fallen into the Q's whole 'host-driven' concept, as I enjoyed Lisa well before they moved into that 'genre' of home shopping, but given the dreadful merchandise, the awful programming and no host who occasionally allowed them to rise about it, well, no thanks... I surely hope she does better 'post-Q' than the others who chose to leave have done.

I have enjoyed watching Lisa the most on her PM Style show on Monday nights. Her personality shows through then, and I think she's more her "real self" than at any other time. Yes, she can be very glamorous, but I think the funny, joking, self-deprecating, "loose" Lisa of Monday nights is the best! I've gotten a lot of laughs from that over the years, and not much on QVC makes me laugh! I doubt I will be very interested in watching that 3 hours without her on it, especially since I don't need to buy much of anything any more. I hope she has good things in her future.