Honored Contributor

Re: GIFTS! GIFTS! GIFTS! DO YOU WANT TO BUILD SNOWMAN?, A MUSIC SYSTEM TO MAKE YOU SING AND DANCE!

On 10/13/2014 SPURT said:
On 10/13/2014 stevieb said:

Spurt, follow this URL and then go to post number 9...

http://community.qvc.com/forums/health+fitness/topic/474227/my-sundays-have-just-gotten-free.aspx

{#emotions_dlg.biggrin}

Okay Stevie.....now you asked for it....I HATE to bring this up....{#emotions_dlg.devil2}

Sorry about that.....poor Tommy how is he EVER going to live that one down....

Sickening but true...

On the other hand, at least Sweet Tommy has both been to and won a Superbowl in recent memory...

{#emotions_dlg.biggrin}

Question for you, Spurt, who has sole possession of last place in the NFC East? Huh?

{#emotions_dlg.confused1}

Oh and, uh... HOW 'BOUT THOSE COWBOYS!

{#emotions_dlg.laugh}

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

Re: GIFTS! GIFTS! GIFTS! DO YOU WANT TO BUILD SNOWMAN?, A MUSIC SYSTEM TO MAKE YOU SING AND DANCE!

Spurt, have you noticed how really vocal folks all over these boards have become about how really bad things have gotten... It seems there's been a build-up to this for a while, but it really, REALLY seems like the natives are restless... and fed up! I don't see how they can continue to ignore the opinions being increasingly expressed.

Honored Contributor

Good gravy. The longer I'm on these boards, the more I realize there are some truly coyote stupid people, not to mention people with some serious issues, running around loose...

Wink

Honored Contributor

On 10/13/2014 SPURT said:

Spurt, follow this URL and then go to post number 9...

http://community.qvc.com/forums/health+fitness/topic/474227/my-sundays-have-just-gotten-free.aspx

{#emotions_dlg.biggrin}

Okay Stevie.....now you asked for it....I HATE to bring this up....{#emotions_dlg.devil2}

Sorry about that.....poor Tommy how is he EVER going to live that one down....

Sickening but true...

On the other hand, at least Sweet Tommy has both been to and won a Superbowl in recent memory...

{#emotions_dlg.biggrin}

Question for you, Spurt, who has sole possession of last place in the NFC East? Huh?

{#emotions_dlg.confused1}

Oh and, uh... HOW 'BOUT THOSE COWBOYS!

{#emotions_dlg.laugh}

Oh Stevie......my team may be in last place, but at least none of my Redskins have shop lifted underwear and men's cologne, unlike the Cowboy's running back, Joseph Randle ....and he said if he knew he would be arrested after the security guard stopped him, he would have just kept walking.....So yes indeed---HOW BOUT THOSE COWBOYS! {#emotions_dlg.devil2}{#emotions_dlg.laugh}

http://espn.go.com/dallas/nfl/story/_/id/11699736/dallas-cowboys-rb-joseph-randle-arrested-shoplifti...

So the next time you go to the Maxx you might pick up some underwear and men's cologne and send to your "poor" Cowboys a care package.....{#emotions_dlg.laugh}

after all the "poor man" is certainly in the "poverty level" he "only" makes $495,000 a year.....

As for the Q....yep the natives are indeed getting restless......but will the Q even pay attention......

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

Now Spurt, you can't judge a whole team by the antics of one man... After all, there are some VERY checkered activities in the past for some of those Aboriginals...

I don't know though. That was rather stupid, just like the college 'stars' that get caught doing stuff that's dumb as a stump and jeopardize their whole college and pro careers...

And speaking of dumb as stump, they ain't got nothin' on some of those posting on these boards!

{#emotions_dlg.ohmy}

Honored Contributor

Just catching up with another of your posts...

The Third, Captain, Colt... it isn't going to matter... The team just acts clueless... Like they're utterly lost on the field... Don't know what the problem is, but there's clearly something amiss...

The weather here continues to stink... Muggy, mid to upper 70's lots of rain... Blah... It isn't as bad as it could be if it was even warmer, but it isn't exactly crisp, bright autumn days either... I wouldn't even mind the rainy days if it was just cooler and less humid.

I've seen stores locally where either a Maxx or Marshall's is combined with HG... Interesting concept and would guess it cuts down on overhead. Mostly, though, they're tending around here to try to locate HG in the same strip type center with either a Maxx or Marshall's... Either way, yep, it's a dicey proposition for us shoppers and our budgets...

Wink

By the by, my little Big D cheerio outfit is at the cleaners, but I never let those cute little ole white fringed boots out of my site... You should just see me high steppin' and kickin'

{#emotions_dlg.biggrin}

And... as it turns out, the new green bag might well go back too. I don't know, I liked it better in the store and thought it was more of a satchel, but when I went to use it, it's really more of a tote... Not sure what I'll do with that one... And as for returning Miss Lisa's Gili bag, well unlike some on these boards, no I don't blame her for all that's wrong in the world, with QVC or with the quality of items she sells. Still, I'm not keeping a costly bag just to make her send-off a tad bit more nice. Personally, as you know, I've always liked Lisa and consider her -- despite her foibles, as heaven knows they all have them -- my 'go to' host, so I'l be sorry to see her go. So will the Q. It won't impact everyone, but I know I'll be watching less than I already am... and that's not a whole lot.

Honored Contributor

On 10/15/2014 stevieb said:

Now Spurt, you can't judge a whole team by the antics of one man... After all, there are some VERY checkered activities in the past for some of those Aboriginals...

I don't know though. That was rather stupid, just like the college 'stars' that get caught doing stuff that's dumb as a stump and jeopardize their whole college and pro careers...

And speaking of dumb as stump, they ain't got nothin' on some of those posting on these boards!

{#emotions_dlg.ohmy}

Hey Stevie.....now the key to your words are IN THE PAST for my Redskins....but the Cowboys---let's discuss the PRESENT---McClain arrested for resisting arrest and disorderly conduct, Spillman charged with assault, Jerrah was also accused of assault which was shoved under the rug ....oh what a "fun" team......No wonder the Broncos are now America's Favorite Team according to a current poll....(the Redskins ranked 14th {#emotions_dlg.laugh}).

Yep there is one college "star" that continues to run up his share of incidents.....some of the commentators even speculated whether the Redskins would make another big deal to pick him up in the draft----PERISH THE THOUGHT!!!!! I think I'll stick with "the third" over him....

As for some of these posters....well remember they reflect today's society--- which shows it's not only QVC that is going downhill---{#emotions_dlg.w00t}. You should see the ones on Pogo's Forum {#emotions_dlg.rolleyes}...I have to bite my tongue and only post when I need with a technical problem, since their website and games appear to be run by an IT staff as "brilliant" as the Q's...yes that bad....and they can't blame oracle and java any more....{#emotions_dlg.glare}

Oh no the green bag is going back too!!!! (or should I say purse since that is ahead in the poll{#emotions_dlg.glare}) I don't really care for the handbag totes since some of these are as big as a suitcases ...I don't want to have to use a luggage carrier for my bag.....{#emotions_dlg.laugh}

I think Lisa is a decent host....and why should she be responsible for the quality of her products ....I mean isn't she supposed to trust what the hosts and vendors tauted as QVC's tough and stringent "quality control" policy....cough! cough! I mean what is she supposed to do stay at the factory and inspect each item she sells{#emotions_dlg.rolleyes}---Nope, this is another QVC PROBLEM! Now her style of clothes and jewelry were not my thing---But honestly the criticism of everything from her eyebrows to hairstyle or her big toe hanging over the sole of her open shoes ......COME ON FOLKS!!!! But she was their top sales person and QVC will definitely miss her in more ways than one and she drew the audience in.....And one wonders if they will even have the remotes any more, particularly the one from Italy---I saw your comment that Rick would go and wear extensions....{#emotions_dlg.lol} I would indeed tune in for that providing he also wore the Mark Zunnio dress {#emotions_dlg.laugh}

But interesting that Lisa is allowed to continue until December 12th, so it appears, contrary to rumors, that this was Lisa's decision, perhaps the day her current contract expired....and God only knows what changes are taking place behind the scenes, or perhaps Lisa, like the rest of us, is just BORED WITH IT ALL! {#emotions_dlg.glare}

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

Personally, I think that regardless of all else, QVC knows that Lisa is good for sales. Even though we aren't seeing much of her these days, which leads me to believe she and the Q have agreed that she can be concurrently involved in whatever her 'new adventure' is and with QVC until she leaves, they know that her scheduled PM Style shows, Friday night holiday shows and her Posh Presents show will be successful. By keeping Lisa around until the holiday shopping season for them is effectively over, they anticipate that they'll maximize her positive impact one last time, and that by the time next year's crunch time rolls around, her 'fans' will have gotten over her leaving, and they will have rehabilitated themselves in other areas... Personally, at the rate they're going, I have big doubts about the latter assumption.