Honored Contributor

I almost never buy two of anything.  I often would buy something from QVC, but they're selling it in sets of two.  I have no need for two of anything.

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Honored Contributor

I have found that the "mute" button comes in very handy!

Esteemed Contributor

Normally, I rarely purchase multiples, which seems to be the selling pitch during this holiday season. I don't have a problem with it. I figure that they are just doing their job.  

This week, I have. I purchase three of the Comfy TSV's a few days ago. Two of these are Christmas gifts, one for my niece and nephew. I was on another thread where someone strongly recommend Grandpa Gus Mouse Repellent. I have not seen any, but they are building new homes across the street from me, so I would rather be proactive, so I purchased two of those kits, and earlier today I purchase an Air Joe Cordless Digital Air Compressor for myself and I am considering purchasing another one for my brother for Christmas.

Tis the season.

Esteemed Contributor

@Bettyanne wrote:

I am so tired of hearing this!!!  Get two....get one of each color!!!! 

this day and age people are happy to afford one!!!

For me, it's not what people can or cannot afford rather it is a tired old sales tactic.  "Get a basic color and a fun color" or "You need two."

Valued Contributor

It is annoying OP, especially now. The consensus in the comments seems to be that its retail and they should say it? Well, I believe that they dont have to use that catch phrase. There are many others to use which will captivate all audience not just the ones with bigger wallets. 

@Kachina624  You dont have to sound rude. You could relay your message a little nicer. 

~No act of kindness, no matter how small is ever wasted~ Aesop
Honored Contributor

@mintedrose wrote:

It is annoying OP, especially now. The consensus in the comments seems to be that its retail and they should say it? Well, I believe that they dont have to use that catch phrase. There are many others to use which will captivate all audience not just the ones with bigger wallets. 

@Kachina624  You dont have to sound rude. You could relay your message a little nicer. 

@mintedrose 

With all due respect, no matter what the hosts are told by QVC to use as a sales tactic, someone here will be offended or say it's 'overused'.

I'm just curious what other "catch phrase" would be more acceptable, serious question.

As I said earlier, if I find something I really love, I'll buy 2, usually in different colors, but being on SSI, I sure don't have a "big wallet".

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Honored Contributor

@mintedrose wrote:

@mintedrose 

IMO, @Kachina624's post wasn't rude, it was just honest,

If anyone is irritated by a show/host/vendor, simply turn the channel or go do something else till it's over.

I wonder how some feel with the non stop infomercial on the same products on TV?

Life is short, don't sweat the really, really small stuff, during these times especially.

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Respected Contributor

@KingstonsMom I think it was a bit rude & unnecessary her reply to the OP.  OP was just posting her opinion--as we all should be able to do on these boards. Her opinion is that she's tired of certain sales spiels, big deal.  Many topics are discussed here and what I DO find rude and uncalled-for are the many, many posts telling others the same tired  "change the channel!"  (how original), or "go watch something else!"    Talk about old & tired phrases.

Respected Contributor

Issac says "you have to get two of the white so when one is in the wash you have another."

Long time ago Kathy Levine said the hosts are not on commission. But these days I wonder if the hosts are monitored by the sales he/she generates. If you cannot motivate your viewers then maybe we will find another host that can?

Esteemed Contributor

It don't bother me that they say that, but if they offered a discount on shipping, I would be more inclined to buy multiples, but the shipping kills it for me.