Esteemed Contributor

@BalletBabe wrote:

It don't bother me that they say that, but if they offered a discount on shipping, I would be more inclined to buy multiples, but the shipping kills it for me. 

---------------

There have been some items that I would have bought two, but didn't because of the double shipping expense.  I remember the days when a Q customer  would get a discount for a second item!!

Respected Contributor

@granddi wrote:

Issac says "you have to get two of the white so when one is in the wash you have another."

Long time ago Kathy Levine said the hosts are not on commission. But these days I wonder if the hosts are monitored by the sales he/she generates. If you cannot motivate your viewers then maybe we will find another host that can?

The hosts have always been monitored by the sales they generate. How else could they be evaluated?

Honored Contributor

Re: GET TWO!!!!!!!

[ Edited ]

@KKJ wrote:

I totally get what OP is saying. Another one that is oft used during holiday shopping season is telling us to pick up extras for everyone in the neighborhood---one for all the kids' teachers, one for the mailman, one for bus driver, nail tech, etc.  Like I can afford to buy for the whole neighborhood---LOL!    Oh,  and of course buy several to keep in the gift closet.

@KKJ 

You are so right....  I laugh every time I hear the hosts use the sales spiel....to me it signals the start of the Holiday Season----It seems that they want you to buy something for everyone in town...its become a running joke with QVC customers....😄

And then there's "stocking stuffers" there's products with a price tag of over $40 and they say "it makes a great stocking stuffer".....WOW! How much do these hosts spend on their stocking stuffers in addition to a main gift???--- my stockings stuffers are usually a pair of socks, candy, lottery scratch offs and maybe a $5 gift card to a coffee shop of fast food place...

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

@granddi wrote:

Issac says "you have to get two of the white so when one is in the wash you have another."

Long time ago Kathy Levine said the hosts are not on commission. But these days I wonder if the hosts are monitored by the sales he/she generates. If you cannot motivate your viewers then maybe we will find another host that can?

@granddi 

From what I read in an interview, "A Day In The Life Of A QVC Host".....the hosts dont get paid on commision but sales do impact contract renewals, salaries, and bonuses....

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Esteemed Contributor

@corita wrote:

@BalletBabe wrote:

It don't bother me that they say that, but if they offered a discount on shipping, I would be more inclined to buy multiples, but the shipping kills it for me. 

---------------

There have been some items that I would have bought two, but didn't because of the double shipping expense.  I remember the days when a Q customer  would get a discount for a second item!!

@corita    IMO They could combine into one package and cut us a break.  It adds up toooooo much when buying multiples.  I remember those days as well. 

Respected Contributor

@granddi wrote:

Actually, I think he's right about that. I do tend to dirty my clothes up and drop things on them (sometimes food) so when it comes to white shirts, I usually do buy 2. I especially love Issac's tops because they're made of pima cotton, fit so well, and are so comfortable.

Honored Contributor

This has been a sales tactic for any retail store, and has been for years and years.

It would be best not to pay such close attention to the trivial yammerings of the sales hosts.  They are salesmen.

BE THE PERSON YOUR DOG THINKS YOU ARE! (unknown)
Esteemed Contributor
I can’t believe what sone people are bothered by! Geesh
Honored Contributor

@mousiegirl wrote:

I remember the days when this phrase was not used.

I don't.  I've been watching since the early 90s and they have always pushed getting more than one of something.  Granted they were less pushy than they are these days, but the suggestion of getting more than one was always there.

Honored Contributor

That is the only selling phrase that bugs me, especially with makeup items.  Heather Hall is a prime offender. By the time you get to the last one it is long expired.  Yet I do appreciate the multiple packages they put together this time of year, like the Laura Geller palettes and the Rikon scissors.  I did buy four of the flashlights that you put around your neck and I vowed never to buy another flashlight deal again.  I plan on using mine for reading in the dark when the TV is on, the headstrap ones are uncomfortable and don't aim well.