Regular Contributor

I am so tired of hearing this!!!  Get two....get one of each color!!!! 

this day and age people are happy to afford one!!!

Honored Contributor

Just because they say it, doesn't mean anyone has to do it.

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Honored Contributor

They're selling merchandise, what do you expect them to say?  If you don't want to hear a sales pitch, watch something else.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Respected Contributor

I totally get what OP is saying. Another one that is oft used during holiday shopping season is telling us to pick up extras for everyone in the neighborhood---one for all the kids' teachers, one for the mailman, one for bus driver, nail tech, etc.  Like I can afford to buy for the whole neighborhood---LOL!    Oh,  and of course buy several to keep in the gift closet.

Trusted Contributor

Yes, it can get irritating. I find it helps me ignore it to just think of them as employees doing the job they are getting paid to do. I know for sure in doing my job, I've irritated people countless times. Never because that was my intention!

Esteemed Contributor

@Bettyanne wrote:

I am so tired of hearing this!!!  Get two....get one of each color!!!! 

this day and age people are happy to afford one!!!

And how do you know exactly what people can and cannot afford?

Just because you don't buy two, doesn't mean that nobody does.

The Sky looks different when you have someone you love up there.
Honored Contributor

I remember the days when this phrase was not used.

Honored Contributor

Re: GET TWO!!!!!!!

[ Edited ]

Back in the day it was "don't forget gifts for your teachers, mailman, hairdresser, garbage collector and to stock your gift closet", instead.

If I really like something, I'll sometimes buy 2, 1 for a backup or in a different color.

I never knew it was that unusual!

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Regular Contributor

Exactly.....thanks for getting my point!!

Esteemed Contributor

Because this is a sales driven industry, whose sole purpose is to maximize profits, I do not think it is unreasonable for them to pitch items in this manner. They sometimes mention options I had not thought of.😊

Brick and mortar stores frequently have BOGO sales. It is the same concept, just "dressed" differently. Sometimes I am influenced; sometimes I am not, but I understand it for what it is😊.

~~~All we need is LOVE💖