Honored Contributor

Re: GET THE POSTING ISSUE FIXED

Yesterday Tiffany's website was having a lot of difficulties. Nothing would load on the site. I spoke to a rep about it and she said they were working very hard to bring it back. I would imagine thousands of dollars were lost because it went on for the entire day.

QVC also has its share of difficulties. I do hope that they hire some one new to design their outdated website.

Honored Contributor

@MrSour wrote:

it's possible you are being targeted for your posts not being what they want to hear. Twitter is good for this

Seriously?

Esteemed Contributor

I personally have few issues on the site.  I also love the boards and most people on them.  I am grateful that they are here and that the Mods are here to help us with orders etc.   

Let's be grateful for the boards, and if there is an issue once in awhile, so what?  

Honored Contributor

It has been a mess for me for awhile. After I read a post and use the back button, it just sits and sits and won’t go back to where I was. Have to google QVC then scroll to the bottom of the page and click on blogs and forums to get back in. Every.Single.Time. 

Respected Contributor

I'm not having problems viewing products, but the forums are loggy and glitchey.  It's particularly frustrating to compose a post and get the 'unauthenticated' notice, or other disconnects. 

We have to remember though, that the forums are a privilege extended to shoppers and those who wish to visit.  QVC has no obligation to provide a social platform, other than review options.  That said, when the site is experiencing heavy traffic, the forums will, and frankly should be, their last priority. 

Frustration should be shared with caution.  I've been on other forums that were shut down due to infighting, complaints, even threats.  Amazon was one of them. They got tired of it.  It was a very sad day for those of us who behaved.   

Honored Contributor

I haven't had any of the issues mentioned.  

Esteemed Contributor

As there is a "closed lock" in the top bar, the site is secure. You must have a certificate and pay a fee in order to have this lock and have the site secure.

Valued Contributor

@BlueFinch  Nicely said. 

I have to admit I'm extremely curious why (and for how much longer?) QVC provides us this forum. You have many posters here that proudly proclaim how they haven't shopped at QVC in years....so none of their shopping $$ are going towards maintaining/running this board. 

Yet, QVC allows anyone to post. 

Those of us that do still shop the Q are helping to keep the forums open.....the money has to come from somewhere, right?

I really don't see how this is a smart business decision for QVC. I'm very grateful they have left the forums alone, but I will admit the whole situation does make me raise my eyebrows a bit. 

Thank you Q for providing us this forum, and the means to communicate through your website!

Whatever gets you through the night; it's alright, it's alright. It's your money or your life; it's alright, it's alright---John Lennon
Esteemed Contributor

@proudlyfromNJ wrote:

It has been a mess for me for awhile. After I read a post and use the back button, it just sits and sits and won’t go back to where I was. Have to google QVC then scroll to the bottom of the page and click on blogs and forums to get back in. Every.Single.Time. 

@proudlyfromNJ   It is odd because I never have issues but I am always on a  laptop and I wonder if that makes a difference?  Sorry you have trouble.  They seem to have a lot of Internet issues.  

Honored Contributor

@MrSour wrote:

it's possible you are being targeted for your posts not being what they want to hear. Twitter is good for this

@MrSour    Huh? You think the I.T. Dept. singles out my posts? Not likely.