Honored Contributor

Re: Future Of Home Shopping

[ Edited ]

@paixmcdao wrote:

@patricia targiano wrote:

I SAW ON FB A VIDIEO OF A LATE NIGHT TALK SHOW AND ISSIAC WAS ON THE HOST ASKED IS IT TRUE YOU REFUSED TO DESIGN CLOTHES FOR A WHITE HOUSE PERSON? HIS ANSWER WAS YES..POLITICAL TALK SHOULD NOT BE SAID WHEN YOUR IN THE PUBLIC EYE.WE ALL KNOW WHO HE WAS TALKING ABOUT SO I REFUSE TO BUY ANOTHER THING FROM HIM I DON'T EVEN LOOK AT HIS CLOTHES ANY MORE.BOTTOM LINE KEEP YOUR POLITICAL THOUGHTS TO YOURSELF.ANOTHER WAY FOR HOME SHOPPING TO GO OUT.

He can say whatever he wants to in the "public eye" and you are free to boycott his line of clothing. 

That wasnt the deal with Lisa Rinnia ....

This is from a Blog in 2020 by Jennifer OBrien 6/26/20--"The Real Housewives of Beverly Hills star Lisa Rinna feels as if she is being 'Muzzled' by QVC. The reality star reported that she felt that QVC is trying to silence her political views by threatening to cut ties with her. 

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Contributor

Couldn't agree more.  I look at some of the fashions and hear myself saying, "what were they thinking".  I haven;t bought anything for ages because of the styles, shipping costs and the prices of things.  I can;t see paying $35 for a simple tee which turns out to be $45 with taxes and shipping.  I can go to Kohls and get something comparable for a lot less.  The multiple presentations of the TSV drive me crazy and they spend WAY too much time on each item. The host antics are also a distraction.  Tell me about the product, where it's made, etc.  I don't want to know what they did last weekend. I used to watch all day but now I just check on my laptop for items recently on air.  QVC is really circling the drain.

Super Contributor

@Rockycoast wrote:

I agree with the posters that say QVC is not keeping up with how people shop today.  They will not be here in under 10 years I believe.  It is because they do not listen to their customers.  All they do is change Presidents of the company. That does not address the problems. Problems that have been complained about for years...pre-pandemic go unfixed.  Tired, old vendors and items for sale. Annoying unprofessional hosts. If they are trying to attract a younger customer, they are failing miserably.   To bad. It was at one time a fantastic shopping channel. I enjoyed watching and buying. Now, I'll spend my money elsewhere.

I would give them five years more.  Their problem is their big sets where they show clothing, kitchen items, etc.  I have been watching JTV more where their set is made up of only two hosts distanced apart.  It's enjoyable watching that way IMO.

Honored Contributor

@Spurt wrote:

@paixmcdao wrote:

I SAW ON FB A VIDIEO OF A LATE NIGHT TALK SHOW AND ISSIAC WAS ON THE HOST ASKED IS IT TRUE YOU REFUSED TO DESIGN CLOTHES FOR A WHITE HOUSE PERSON? HIS ANSWER WAS YES..POLITICAL TALK SHOULD NOT BE SAID WHEN YOUR IN THE PUBLIC EYE.WE ALL KNOW WHO HE WAS TALKING ABOUT SO I REFUSE TO BUY ANOTHER THING FROM HIM I DON'T EVEN LOOK AT HIS CLOTHES ANY MORE.BOTTOM LINE KEEP YOUR POLITICAL THOUGHTS TO YOURSELF.ANOTHER WAY FOR HOME SHOPPING TO GO OUT.

He can say whatever he wants to in the "public eye" and you are free to boycott his line of clothing. 

This is from a Blog in 2020 by Jennifer OBrien 6/26/20--"The Real Housewives of Beverly Hills star Lisa Rinna feels as if she is being 'Muzzled' by QVC. The reality star reported that she felt that QVC is trying to silence her political views by threatening to cut ties with her. 

@Spurt  I thought she got muzzled by QVC for calling the customers fat, fatso,fatties. I just googled and it was for her political views. In that case,Isaac should be fired also. Get rid of him. No great loss.

Esteemed Contributor

@Catch71   just as a point of information, since you mentioned Target.   I had my eye on a Vince Camuto  nylon clutch on QVC but didn't want to spend $48 because I was going to use it for a cocktail affair.  I went to TJMaxx and found nothing, same with Marshall's.  Out of desperation I went to Ross - nothing but ugly ugly junk.  So there was a target next door to Ross so I figured I'd see.  Well, not only were their prices for junk pretty outrageous, but I have never seen more overpriced junk in a store.   Their bags were the poorest of quality vegan with no style and prices for junk were off the charts.   I am sure if you're buying household items, personal care and cleaning products Target is fine but their clothing and accessories are total junk

Esteemed Contributor

@patricia targano.   I wouldn't rely on anything I heard on FB.  It's so easy to misinterpret or splice and dice comments.  I am just curious if you would refuse to buy his clothes if he said he wouldn't sell his clothes to black, brown or Asian people.  

Respected Contributor

Re: Future Of Home Shopping

[ Edited ]

@proudlyfromNJ@Spurt  I thought she got muzzled by QVC for calling the customers fat, fatso,fatties. I just googled and it was for her political views. In that case,Isaac should be fired also. Get rid of him. No great loss."

Isaac Mizrahi is allowed to turn down work if he wants.  The designer Tom Ford also refused to design for Melania Trump.  There are plenty of other designers that she could have gone to for designs.  Once again I am reminded of signs in businesses that state "We reserve the right to refuse service to anyone".  It is just like those bakers that refuse to bake wedding cakes for gay couples.

Honored Contributor

@proudlyfromNJ wrote:

@Spurt wrote:

@paixmcdao wrote:

@Spurt  I thought she got muzzled by QVC for calling the customers fat, fatso,fatties. I just googled and it was for her political views. In that case,Isaac should be fired also. Get rid of him. No great loss.

@proudlyfromNJ 

Actually there were several incidents, one was political and your right in the other one she insulted the customer base....

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Esteemed Contributor

A business absolutely can not refuse service "to anyone for any reason."

Not if that person is in a currently defined protected class under federal law.  Some states have more expansive definitions. 

Can business owners really refuse service to anyone?

Under federal anti-discrimination laws, businesses can refuse service to any person for any reason, unless the business is discriminating against a protected class.

At the national level, protected classes include:

• Race or color
  • National origin or citizenship status
  • Religion or creed
  • Sex
  • Disability, pregnancy, or genetic information
  • Veteran status
Super Contributor

And they are less and less concerned with the baby boomers!  If they were concerned with us I think they would realize that we are done with comfy cozy and lounging types of clothing and we want to get back to the real world!  Yes most of us are retired, but that doesn't mean that we do not go places where we need to get dressed up and look good!