Respected Contributor
Johnnyeager I know that there certain classes that are protected. What I meant was if people are being disruptive or other anti social behavior a business can refuse them service. If you look at your list political party and sexual orientation is not covered. So people can refuse to service people for those two classes.
Respected Contributor

@Teddixat 

I am not a big Target shopper but my adult children are.  I do not believe they buy clothing there, except maybe for the little kids.

Honored Contributor

I don't know how QVC's home shopping business will recover from down sales, when they are selling so many "cooler weather" fashions.  I've seen so many french terry pullover tops in the past couple of weeks, it's crazy.  

A show right now has a french terry funnel neck sweatshirt by Isaac Mizrahi.  Leah's new Studio Park collection shown today has a half zip french terry sweatshirt with matching joggers. Plus, how many summer sweaters did they order from every brand?  There have been so many more cold-weather fashions that I guess just got off the ships. 

I cannot even imagine buying any of these things in today's 93 degree heat.

Trusted Contributor

@BalletBabe wrote:

This is a comment that is on The Linda Mosses Home shopping Blog.  I think this says it all.    

U.S. consumer sales in general have risen over the past few months, despite rampant inflation, but that wasn’t the cases at QVC or HSN. Not a good first quarter or a good look for the new CEO of the parent of the two home shopping networks, Qurate Retail. Revenue for QxH slid from to $1.684 […]

The “I’m with friends” vibe means nothing to the ones the home shopping channels are trying to attract. They do not watch these shows on tv. They are too busy on their phones. When they want something, and they do quite often, they go on Amazon, or other sites that offer free shipping and free returns. I have seen this with multiple family members and have been the recipient of gifts from these sites. If something I received doesn’t fit I just drop it in a box that is in several places near my home and the gift giver gets a credit. I tried to entice a couple of them to open home shopping credit cards when they were giving $40 to do so and they would have nothing to do with it. Unlike me who did that a couple of years ago. These people, guaranteed, will not be the future customers of home shopping channels.

@BalletBabe  I completely agree with what you wrote, especially about shopping elsewhere (Amazon, etc.) that offers free shipping.  In a once unheard of move, QVC has been offering free shipping on some weekends.  I am quite certain they see a huge boost in revenue on those weekends, and they most likely get a lot of new customers then, too.  Noting this, they should do more to offer free shipping.  I am a bit of a skeptic and feel if they actually made a permanent change to this, which I completely doubt, they would only raise the prices of the items to make up for offering free shippng.  That is my view of free shipping on all food...the cost of shipping is worked into that price, I am sure.   

There are so many places to shop that offer free shipping as long as you spend a modest amount.  Not going to lie; they definitely take business away from the Q.

Honored Contributor

@patricia targiano wrote:

I SAW ON FB A VIDIEO OF A LATE NIGHT TALK SHOW AND ISSIAC WAS ON THE HOST ASKED IS IT TRUE YOU REFUSED TO DESIGN CLOTHES FOR A WHITE HOUSE PERSON? HIS ANSWER WAS YES..POLITICAL TALK SHOULD NOT BE SAID WHEN YOUR IN THE PUBLIC EYE.WE ALL KNOW WHO HE WAS TALKING ABOUT SO I REFUSE TO BUY ANOTHER THING FROM HIM I DON'T EVEN LOOK AT HIS CLOTHES ANY MORE.BOTTOM LINE KEEP YOUR POLITICAL THOUGHTS TO YOURSELF.ANOTHER WAY FOR HOME SHOPPING TO GO OUT.Smiley Mad

Good for Isaac. 

He was on a talk show. He answered a question. Too bad if you didn't like his answer. 

Esteemed Contributor

Isaac hasn't been relevant in high fashion In decades. To think he was even asked to design anything is comical. He now designs for older women on a shopping channel. Please I can't stop laughing.

Wrong is still wrong just because you benefited from it.
Respected Contributor

Cant stand the way this designer dresses.  Often comes on air unkept without socks on and looking hung over.  

Respected Contributor

I know he used to have a line of clothing at Target.  I bought a beautiful cashmere sweater of his.  It was a cashmere cami and a cardigan.  Clearanced out and I got it for a steal.  

I would be curious if someone rich and famous is seeking out a Target designer.  🤣🤣

“I heard the sound I had to follow”
In Your Wildest Dreams by Justin Hayward
Regular Contributor

I would be considered a 'baby boomer' and I have reduced my shopping with QVC for many reasons.They have changed their format to remain revelant but that is not what brought me to QVC. I am not a 'bells and whistle' kind of person. I like a quality product for a fair price. That's what I used to get. Now I am subjected to some variety show presentation, lack of inventory, lack of quality, over-priced items and horrible shipping issues. When I shopped before, I never had to worry about any of these things. This is the reason for the few items that I continue to source on QVC; i.e JAI, Belle, Anybody. . Skechers and Clarks I source through other avenues. They beat the price, free shipping, which is very fast, and a great product selection. Everything changes, but the changes at QVC are not for me. 

Highlighted
Super Contributor

@lovedishes I also agree 100%. My adult children are not interested and have never been interested in QVC or any shopping channel. Everything they order are from Amazon. They make fun of me for watching QVC. I've found that the prices have gotten so out of reach for me that I cannot afford to pay $60 for a t shirt no matter what the quality