Honored Contributor

Re: Future Of Home Shopping

[ Edited ]

@ROMARY wrote:

'Gee', fashion and other items seem to 'sell out' quite quickly........

I don't 'get it'.

And they seem to keep hiring new hosts.  

Maybe long time hosts' salaries have been negotiated to a lower level?  

I really don't understand, unless they are comparing today's online sales (stores are now open) with Covid shutdown online sales.  

That would show a decrease in online sales because folks are out and about, shopping in stores as they did before Covid.

Well, something to think about anyway.....

@ROMARY 

In their financial results on their parent companies website (Liberty Interactive) they spell out the change quarter by quarter and you can even review past years way way way before the pandemic....And previously QVC always had sales and revenue increases anywhere from 6% to 9% overall by all sales methods. However, over time their revenues and sales have continued to decrease  and moving in the wrong direction causing many changes in their Executives at various levels----they've tried former Walmart Exec Claire Watts, to a former Disney Executive, to one from troubled JCP---and all Management positions in between...and that also tells how things are going ......not good at all.....Even Mike George left and was replaced by David Rawlinson II

They really need to listen to their customers, the only thing QVC seems to change is Show Titles and play "musical chairs" with their hosts... the whole "host are your friends" and "wine party" philosophy isnt working either...Just like Customer Surveys- that many companies use to obtain customer feedback-- QVC has a wealth of feedback right here on the Forums that they could select from and maybe even try a few customer ideas......

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Esteemed Contributor

Rawlinson put long, long, longtime Qurate employees in the roles of HSN and QVC Presidents.  Loyal long serving corporate people just shuffled around once again, including big-time failure Mary Campbell.

Nothing will ever, ever change without some real change.

Respected Contributor

QVC has been written off many times and weathered a few storms.  Hope their luck continues.

Trusted Contributor

@patricia targiano wrote:

I SAW ON FB A VIDIEO OF A LATE NIGHT TALK SHOW AND ISSIAC WAS ON THE HOST ASKED IS IT TRUE YOU REFUSED TO DESIGN CLOTHES FOR A WHITE HOUSE PERSON? HIS ANSWER WAS YES..POLITICAL TALK SHOULD NOT BE SAID WHEN YOUR IN THE PUBLIC EYE.WE ALL KNOW WHO HE WAS TALKING ABOUT SO I REFUSE TO BUY ANOTHER THING FROM HIM I DON'T EVEN LOOK AT HIS CLOTHES ANY MORE.BOTTOM LINE KEEP YOUR POLITICAL THOUGHTS TO YOURSELF.ANOTHER WAY FOR HOME SHOPPING TO GO OUT.

He can say whatever he wants to in the "public eye" and you are free to boycott his line of clothing. 

“The fear of becoming old is born of the recognition that one is not living now the life that one wishes. It is equivalent to a sense of abusing the present.” Susan Sontag
Honored Contributor

IMO, there are specific reasons Q is not making money like they used to.

1. Slow and lousy returns handling 

2. Showing the same dozen or so products (or variations of) over and over and over and over

3. Host antics and personal talk - they are not my friends or acquaintances. I have no desire to be entertained or hear personal stories. I want to know about products. 

4. Prices. Almost everything can be found elsewhere for lower prices and free shipping/returns.

Honored Contributor

@RollTide2008 wrote:
It’s tiresome the way old people generalize about young people.

Agreed. And it's tiresome how young people generalize about older people.

Esteemed Contributor

Yeah, they should focus on trying to move merchandise. 

The fake, fawning scripted May-December phony besties forever friendship probably isn't helping.

New sit-com writers needed.

Respected Contributor

Last night I was watching Fashion's Night In show with Courtney.  I liked the t-shirt dress that she was wearing.  I was waiting for the measurements and all Courtney said is that they came in regular or petite.  She did not mention the length measurements at all.  Needless to say I did not purchase the dress.  It is irritating to watch a show and have a host spend five to ten minutes showcasing an item of clothing and still have to use the computer to get the measurements for said item.

Honored Contributor

Re: Future Of Home Shopping

[ Edited ]

@lgfan wrote:

Last night I was watching Fashion's Night In show with Courtney.  I liked the t-shirt dress that she was wearing.  I was waiting for the measurements and all Courtney said is that they came in regular or petite.  She did not mention the length measurements at all.  Needless to say I did not purchase the dress.  It is irritating to watch a show and have a host spend five to ten minutes showcasing an item of clothing and still have to use the computer to get the measurements for said item.

@lgfan 

This is why I only watch certain hosts--Leah, Carolyn, and Pat are usually good about giving measurements.....Courtney is too busy talking about other things and focusing on having a good time rather than giving product information.....and I use the Automated Ordering Number (pre-programmed in my phone) and I shouldn't have to go to the website and shuffle through several screens to get sizing info if its being presented on air! The "C" in QVC is supposed to be about convenience! 🙄

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

@CalminHeart wrote:

IMO, there are specific reasons Q is not making money like they used to.

1. Slow and lousy returns handling 

2. Showing the same dozen or so products (or variations of) over and over and over and over

3. Host antics and personal talk - they are not my friends or acquaintances. I have no desire to be entertained or hear personal stories. I want to know about products. 

4. Prices. Almost everything can be found elsewhere for lower prices and free shipping/returns.

@CalminHeart 

👍👍