Esteemed Contributor

Is Linda Moss paying a fee now to get her blog plugged.....I've seen her name numerous times over the past week all of a sudden.

Respected Contributor
It’s tiresome the way old people generalize about young people.
Honored Contributor

Just checked the "recently aired" items. I see Cubii was on for an entire hour????  And people ask what is wrong with QVC and the shopping channels although I don't think HSN or ShopHQ spend an entire hour on one product???

Esteemed Contributor

@Johnnyeager wrote:

Is Linda Moss paying a fee now to get her blog plugged.....I've seen her name numerous times over the past week all of a sudden.

@Johnnyeager   No I make no money.  It is a good place to post and not have your posts deleted.  

Esteemed Contributor

@MG Chris wrote:

Everyone has valid points. I don't have cable and only watch the clips online of the product I am interested in. The family stories, idle chit-chat, etc., don't interest me. Just give me the info, size, color, Have the hosts be professional and prepared, make sure the know the item they are selling and can pronounce the words correctly as in you know do their job. Get the product to me in a timely matter and stop with the excuses. 

I wanted to add that I order skincare from the UK, and it takes about a week and a half to get it with free shipping. I ordered something from the Q two weeks ago and paid for shipping, and I have yet to receive it. Crazy...

@MG Chris   Get a Roku stick and you can watch a lot for free.  You can also watch it live on a computer or your phone.

Trusted Contributor

@BalletBabe wrote:

@MG Chris wrote:

Everyone has valid points. I don't have cable and only watch the clips online of the product I am interested in. The family stories, idle chit-chat, etc., don't interest me. Just give me the info, size, color, Have the hosts be professional and prepared, make sure the know the item they are selling and can pronounce the words correctly as in you know do their job. Get the product to me in a timely matter and stop with the excuses. 

I wanted to add that I order skincare from the UK, and it takes about a week and a half to get it with free shipping. I ordered something from the Q two weeks ago and paid for shipping, and I have yet to receive it. Crazy...

@MG Chris   Get a Roku stick and you can watch a lot for free.  You can also watch it live on a computer or your phone.

Thank you, I don't watch tv and I am not that vested in QVC. 

Esteemed Contributor

@BalletBabe  I hope QVC stays around. I'm not a brick and mortar shopper and only go to Amazon when I know what I want: but I love when an item is presented that I've have never seen before and I can really use, I just love it. The Kuhn Rikon can opener comes to mind. I don't know if I would have ever run into this item if it were not for QVC. Everyone in my family now has one and is so thankful for it. Ditto the Pull and Chop and LocknLock. My children are too busy to look for these conveniences, so they are grateful if I find some time-saving items for them. Luminara is another brand that QVC introduced me to. I would have found it at BBB sooner or later, but never the wide variety. I wish QVC would present new and unusual items instead of tired old t-shirts and capris.

Respected Contributor

Many of us old timers have been lamenting the decline of QVC for many years. The halcyon era when Kathy Levine was there faded decades ago. I used to spend thousands and thousands of dollars a year, now reduced to hundreds. Once QVC started pushing social media it really started to decline that was the tipping point.  At this point I pray it can hang on.

Esteemed Contributor

@PA Mom-mom wrote:

@BalletBabe  I hope QVC stays around. I'm not a brick and mortar shopper and only go to Amazon when I know what I want: but I love when an item is presented that I've have never seen before and I can really use, I just love it. The Kuhn Rikon can opener comes to mind. I don't know if I would have ever run into this item if it were not for QVC. Everyone in my family now has one and is so thankful for it. Ditto the Pull and Chop and LocknLock. My children are too busy to look for these conveniences, so they are grateful if I find some time-saving items for them. Luminara is another brand that QVC introduced me to. I would have found it at BBB sooner or later, but never the wide variety. I wish QVC would present new and unusual items instead of tired old t-shirts and capris.

@PA Mom-mom   I agree and I have also found things but I have also discovered many things o Amazon.  I watch You Tube video's and they have people that run video's showing must haves from Amazon.  I found some great things.  I also have seen things on QVC and found the same item cheaper on Amazon.   I would miss it, but if they don't change a lot of things they won't make it. I see Sales declining more in the next quarter because their things are way over priced.  People will be watching every penny the way things are going.   

Esteemed Contributor

@RollTide2008 wrote:
It’s tiresome the way old people generalize about young people.

Seriously???  Many of us have children and we know what they like and don't like and none of them are watching QVC