Frequent Contributor

Frustrated - free shipping/in process orders

On Saturday night at 11:45 I ordered 2 pairs of shoes.  After I saw the free shipping on sunday I was going to cancel the order and reorder to get the free shipping, but I noticed that they applied the free shipping to the order.

I checked the order today and they added the $5.50 shipping cost to both pairs - and its still in process.

I called the Q and they said they could not do ANYTHING until it shipped but would make a note on my account. When I asked when it would be shipped they said they could not give me that info.

In contrast, I called Lands End yesterday about an in Process order - they were able to tell me when it was being shipped.  I can't believe QVC does not have the ability.

Additionally, as they have already CHARGED my card I do not understand why they cannot reimburse me the shipping cost now.

Sorry to vent - it is just frustrating compared to so many on line retailers. I like the q products but customer service is an issue. 

I am so frustrated.  

Honored Contributor

Re: Frustrated - free shipping/in process orders

@AlcottWilder 

Unfortunately, the Q system does not allow for price changes until the item has shipped.

You can either call back once it has shipped for your charge card credit OR you can ask for a QVC credit to be applied to your account for future purchases.

Additionaly, your card is not charged until the item actually ships.  They (and Almost All retailers) do put through a 'hold' type amount on your charge to be sure you have enough credit to purchase.

C/S does not have access to exactly when your item will leave.  It is correct, they can not help you on the shipping status. 

Respected Contributor

I had a similar experience with 4 in process orders and a positive result. CS added a note to my account to apply free shipping, and I was asked to call back when the items shipped. I did, and the shipping was refunded the day after. It did require a call back on my part, but CS could not have been more pleasant or helpful and it was quick. Apparently their computer system locks the ordering process during the “in process” step, perhaps because they have so many different direct shipments from vendors. 

Honored Contributor

I think the point @AlcottWilder is making is that QVC SHOULD have a way to alter/change/correct an order while it is "in process."  After all, what is "in process" but incomplete and therefore not finalized?  It is not logical any other way.

Only "completed,"  i.e., "actually shipped and on the truck," orders should not be able to be changed.

But while they are still futzing around in the warehouse, or contacting the vendor, or the vendor is doing whatever the vendor does, why can't the order be altered?

[was Homegirl] Love to be home . . . thus the screen name. Joined 2003.
Frequent Contributor

@SunValley  Yes customer service did refund me today. And they were very pleasant.  But I am just curious as to why QVC customer service doesn’t have the same access to the shipping process as other online retailers.   I do like the q.  I am a 1x so I like the selection of fashion available.  I was just frustrated   

Have a a great weekend

Respected Contributor

@AlcottWilder I replied in the middle of the night and sleepily missed the nuances of your post. I’m glad you were refunded. I think their ordering process is complicated by the number of vendors that ship direct and likely just freeze all options for changes shortly after the orders are placed. That doesn’t mean the process is any good, just a likely explanation for why we often can’t cancel when the items haven’t yet shipped. I agree that this should be changed, and hopefully their months of messing with the process and banners saying sorry for the slow shipping, etc. will yield improvements. Wishing you a pleasant weekend too!