Honored Contributor

Yep, that's not much of a bargain but that's not a bait and switch scheme.  Bait and switch is when you're lured into a store by a bargain price, they don't have the advertised item and try to sell you a more expensive one.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Trusted Contributor

Many thanks for the second lesson on bait and switch.

Trusted Contributor

This is not a criticism of the OP, but a general observation based upon the threads we see here on a regular basis.

There seems to be nothing that QVC can do right. 

Posters complain that the prices are too high, and now people complain that the prices are not high enough.

People complain that shipping is too high, but when QVC lowers shipping, people complain.

People complain there are not enough sales, but then they complain that there are too many OTOs.

People complain that there are not enough easy pays, but then they complain about the flash easy pays and that QVC offers three easy pays on all QVC credit card orders.

People complain that the bords were not moderated enough, but now they complain that the boards are too moderated.

People complained when threads were deleted without explanation, but now they omplain about the explanations.

Please, for the love of all that is holy, make up your minds and stop complaining and whining.  It is just a shopping channel for crying out loud.

Trusted Contributor

Re: Frost Guard TSV

[ Edited ]

I don't mean to be rude, but I'm just not seeing a lot of the things you say people are complaining about.  I realize it's just a shopping channel, but since people shop here, they're entitled to have an opinion about their shopping experience here just as they would be about anyplace else they shop.

Honored Contributor

it didnt stop me from buying six of them.......the pricing seemed reasonable to me so i bought some to give for christmas......or sooner if the snow starts early.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
QVC Customer Care

This post has been removed by QVC because it's argumentative

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@KYToby wrote:

This is not a criticism of the OP, but a general observation based upon the threads we see here on a regular basis.

There seems to be nothing that QVC can do right. 

Posters complain that the prices are too high, and now people complain that the prices are not high enough.

People complain that shipping is too high, but when QVC lowers shipping, people complain.

People complain there are not enough sales, but then they complain that there are too many OTOs.

People complain that there are not enough easy pays, but then they complain about the flash easy pays and that QVC offers three easy pays on all QVC credit card orders.

People complain that the bords were not moderated enough, but now they complain that the boards are too moderated.

People complained when threads were deleted without explanation, but now they omplain about the explanations.

Please, for the love of all that is holy, make up your minds and stop complaining and whining.  It is just a shopping channel for crying out loud.

Toby, exactly. It IS just a shopping channel and these are just the forums associated with a shopping channel. There truly is no reason to go off the rails because the opinions of others don't make sense to you. Consider taking a page from your own book and just let it go... As long as people have the ability to express their thougts, feelings and opinions, they're going to do so, whether they always seem valid to you or not...

I'd also submit that in your efforts to support all that is Q, whatever your reasons... your post above would likely be seen by some of those expressing concerns outlined as at least a bit of an oversimplification of some of the issues...

It is what it is...

Smiley Happy

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Super Contributor

@K9buddy wrote:

I don't mean to be rude, but I'm just not seeing a lot of the things you say people are complaining about.  I realize it's just a shopping channel, but since people shop here, they're entitled to have an opinion about their shopping experience here just as they would be about anyplace else they shop.

Exactly, I guess we should all just talk about rainbows and unicorns and not dare complain about anything.  

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Krimpette wrote:

Very typical of so many of the Q's TSV's these days.  Rarely are they worthwhile any more.  Very sad.

I'd agree and rarely are they even remotely exciting. QVC and the TSV's have largely become very bland, and the increased and incessant focus on the TSV's only adds to the tedium.

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Esteemed Contributor

Amazon sells them