Honored Contributor

Re: Friday on the Q

[ Edited ]

@Krimpette wrote:

I like Terri Conn.

@Krimpette 

I like Terri.....its another host that I dont watch, she did the shows before Terri.....

And I really enjoy Leah's "Friday Clearance Shows" and her "Am Style" on Saturdays....For example: She even told whether you should size up on several items in this morning's Friday show....that's what I call a good host......sizing info is so important and helps prevent returns....such a plesant personality too

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

I watch Isaac Mizrahi on Fridays.  I only ever watch when a brand I buy is on.  Susan Graver, Belle, Isaac Mizrahi, Denim & Co and Valarie Parr Hill.  I look thru the New just about every day and look at the Recenty Aired to see if there is something I might be interested in.  

I don't care who the hosts are, they are all OK with me.  I stopped watching jewelry shows because I have way too much.

Honored Contributor

I can't imagine having QVC on from 9 - 5!!!

Or anything on TV for that amount of time.

I like Kerstin, I like Terri, I like Jennfier....but I would never watch QVC for an entire day like that...

for background noise try music!!

Calming, enjoyable and saves a bunch of complaint threads about hosts!

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@RespectLife wrote:

I like Kerstin, I like Terri, I like Jennfier....but I would never watch QVC for an entire day like that...

@RespectLife 

I dont watch from 9 to 5....I work from home and I switch channels and watch various programs and I won't watch especially when its a host I dont like---and I like to have something going on in the background while I'm working on my job at my computer....

But a major point is how is it helping QVC's (Qurates) continuing declines in revenues and sales when viewers find something else to do or switch channels.....many customers post opinions and feedback why they dont watch certain shows or hosts because they want to keep QVC and Qurate as a viable retail option...Sales might be even BETTER if a host that was more popular had that same popular time slot---- Maybe just maybe QVC should start listening to their customers. .....Much like all these surveys that every retailer and buiness send out to find out "how they are doing" and even though it may be only a few people that respond, like my mom says, "it's the squeaky that gets the oil" and it's that feedback that businesses and retailers pay attention too...

Everyone always has the option of only reading posts that one finds enjoyable ...saves frustration if reading feedback isn't one's thing...... 

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Respected Contributor

When Leah's done on Fridays, so am I. O u t...OUT!

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Spurt wrote:

@RespectLife wrote:

@RespectLife 

I dont watch from 9 to 5....I work from home and I switch channels and watch various programs and I won't watch especially when its a host I dont like---and I like to have something going on in the background while I'm working on my job at my computer....

But a major point is how is it helping QVC's (Qurates) continuing declines in revenues and sales when viewers find something else to do or switch channels.....many customers post opinions and feedback why they dont watch certain shows or hosts because they want to keep QVC and Qurate as a viable retail option.....and there's always the option of only reading posts that one finds enjoyable ...saves frustration if reading feedback isn't one's thing...... 

@Spurt 

Considering QVC has always clocked sales to the nano-second...I just feel that IF these hosts ppl don't like were NOT making the quotas...they would be gone/reduced or relegated to the middle of the night.

Don't you wonder the reasons why the lovely 3 ladies that were let go a bit back?  I rarely IF ever saw complaints against them.

It is ALL about sales!  There is a host I won't watch, won't order from...and I see complaints about him all the time....he is STILL on and many times Prime Time.

He's paired up for Gourmet Food on a show that is complained about ALL the time.

So I don't think our personal opinions about a host are what is considered, and quite frankly, business wise, nor should they be.

Bottom line is SALES.  Just because we don't like a host, does NOT mean the other 95 million households QVC is in don't!

We on these boards are a minute representation of the thousands and thousands of customers QVC has.

A drop in the bucket.

I enjoy background also while I work, but it would not be QVC for that length of time.

If someone or something irrates me to the point of complaining on a board...then I am the one that needs to make the changes!

I try never let annoyances give me stress!  That's why calming music is a much better background assistant to me!!

Honored Contributor

@Spurt wrote:

@Krimpette wrote:

I like Terri Conn.

@Krimpette 

I like Terri.....its another host that I dont watch, she did the shows before Terri.....

And I really enjoy Leah's "Friday Clearance Shows" and her "Am Style" on Saturdays....For example: She even told whether you should size up on several items in this morning's Friday show....that's what I call a good host......sizing info is so important and helps prevent returns....such a plesant personality too

@Spurt   Yes, I missed Leah's show this morning, so she wasn't top of mind.  I watch Leah's Friday & Saturday morning shows as well.Smiley Happy

Trusted Contributor

@av8tor wrote:

I find I am changing the channel on the Q every Friday from 9 until 5. The host line-up is difficult to watch....so I don't.  Anybody else feel the same way? 

@av8tor  I know exactly what you mean!

Contributor

Perhaps someone may be watching anything on tv from 9 to 5 due to personal circumstances such as a serious illness or caring for someone with special needs. Each of our circumstances are individual. Please don't judge

Esteemed Contributor

@turtle52 , and do you notice she never compliments the models who are in swim suits. Barely even mentions them.