Honored Contributor

Re: Fri-Yay and Holi-Yay- OMG!!

@x Hedge wrote:

@QVCkitty1 wrote:

@Shanus wrote:

@QVCkitty1 wrote:

@LindaSal wrote:

In the forum world, caps do mean screaming.   

@LindaSal wrote:

In the forum world, caps do mean screaming.   

@LindaSal , But, seriously, you can't hear them .

@QVCkitty1   So all my thread titles are screaming? I thought caps were also for emphasis or to get attention to a word or phrase.

@Shanus , Really, I,ve never understood why posters get upset over virtual yelling. 

Because outside of the bubble surrounding this forum, the rest of the world is encouraged to observe netiquette when online. 

If this is all you see @QVCkitty1 , it'd be less likely to bother you than if you read at more tightly regulated sites online. Some places won't tolerate it. It's akin to bad manners, like putting your feet up on the dining table while you're someone's dinner guest.

585.jpg

@Shanus, apples & oranges again. The conflict's not about titles or singling one thing out for emphasis.

Netiquette discourages posting in all caps, all bold, huge letters, scary bright red, and others things that actually make reading more difficult for the general public, not less.

@x Hedge           

Regardless of how much  one is involved with  social media, I believe  I'm entitled to my opinion.  Some rules, no matter how well intended  are  ridiculous, IMO.  It's just one more thing to scold another poster  about.  I've devoted more time to this than it warrants, but thanks so much for your perspective.

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@QVCkitty1  you're certainly entitled to express your views and I never intended to suggest otherwise.

One of the first threads I read when I came to these forums was discussing "netiquette". It was a word I'd never encountered before.

A knowledgeable poster on that netiquette thread defined it and explained it's purpose, prompting me to learn more about it.

It's not about scolding.

It's about making things easier to read, which in turn invites more people to participate and enjoy.

QVC closes it's eyes to some breeches of netiquette, and leaves it up to the posters.

@charsha , "They weren't even capitol letters. Sheesh"

no, yours weren't.

(Ah... the irony.)

Super Contributor

They weren't even capitol letters. Sheesh. 

Contributor

@charcha...you get a big hug  from me!  😘

Esteemed Contributor

@charsha wrote:

They weren't even capitol letters. Sheesh. 

@charsha- I noticed. Just bolded and a large font, which many posters use.  Many posters don't pay attention and just react.

Super Contributor

No yay days for me! It's so middle school and I don't believe that Shawn saves Christmas.

Super Contributor

Back to the original point of this post, this show is unwatchable. I watched it during pandemic due to extreme boredom but the holiday version made it on my screen about 10 seconds. From the look of the stock price, we are not alone.
Super Contributor

They should call it Holi-Yawn!

Trusted Contributor

I did think "Shawn Saves Chrismas" was a ridiculous, and untrue title for her show. And she dressed like she was going to cut down trees in the snow.

She isn't doing her hair lately and her attire is getting more lazy and unappealing. I think it's way past time for her to upgrade to her look when she was first hired.

For goodness sake, why doesn't she get prescription glasses? Those crazy ones on her make her look like a clown. Just my humble opinion.

Trusted Contributor

Jane is aalway too "giddy" and acts like a child so often. I am SO sick of her wayward stories and her "YAY". Why does QVC continue to use this? It's worn out, overly so.

It makes the hosts look like children. Enough is enough.