Contributor

First, I know I can change the channel at any time or mute it.  I just wish they would get rid of this Fri-YAY name of the show which gets repeated throughout it.  I like watching for the content. Probably just me so I take receipt for it, but just don't like the sing-song 'FRI-YAY' through the whole show. (Yes, I do like Fridays Smiley Happy )

Respected Contributor

I had QVC on for a little bit today and my husband came in the living room. He said "why are they acting like a bunch of high school kids with all the Friyaday stuff?" I told him that is one of their new things. He said "well it is a huge turn off". I just had to laugh because I can't stand it either and of course I turned the channel after about ten minutes.

Valued Contributor
I cant stand Jane Tracy's manic screaming "Fri-Yaaaaay". I like her & I have bought A LOT of shoes on her shoe shopping shows but I admit I watch it on mute most of the time. If it's not "Fri-Yaaaay" then its "We have these in narrow....Yaaaaay!!!" Its unbearable.
Respected Contributor

OVER SATURATION.  That's what I would call it.  Someone on the QVC team comes up with a catchy idea.  Everyone chimes in-great!  yes!  okay, we got it!   Then they roll out the idea or catch-phrase or visual...and it's everywhere..  All the time.  Until we are sick of it. 

They never know when to stop.

IMO the worst ever was hosts in pajamas!  PLEASE, QVC, don't do that next year!

Respected Contributor

@luvjazzercise: I agree!

Honored Contributor

Maybe if Q's main audience were working people who looked forward to Friday and two days to relax, Fri-yay (sounds stupid to type it) would make a bit of sense. I think many of us are retired, work part time, etc. All my days are Fri-yays!!!! They're all the same to me. Luckily, I can do what I want during the week and don't have to long for Sat. and Sun. 

What I'd like to see from QVC is some "adult-yay". 

Regular Contributor

@maximillian  I so agree.  The pajama thing was completely unwatchable for me.  Shawn brought it to a new low with the bedhead hair and crazy socks instead of shoes.  When my boys were in school I always hated pajama day for them too.  It's sloppy and unnecessary.  Fri Yay was the straw that broke my back.  I opted to leave cable and get YouTube TV without the Q.  Have only bought one thing since mid December. 

@maximillian wrote:

OVER SATURATION.  That's what I would call it.  Someone on the QVC team comes up with a catchy idea.  Everyone chimes in-great!  yes!  okay, we got it!   Then they roll out the idea or catch-phrase or visual...and it's everywhere..  All the time.  Until we are sick of it. 

Trusted Contributor

@luvjazzercise  Agree. It just sounds very juvenile. Gimmicks, so to speak, are really getting old. What makes it worse is they keep repeating the words ad nauseum. I never even watch anymore.

I believe Q is trying ridiculous approaches to boost sales instead of providing sensible and informative presentations. They need more new products and more free shipping offers instead of the silliness.

These are just my opinions.

F/N/A luvstogarden
Respected Contributor

@maximillian wrote:

Oh, I remember the hosts in pj's shows!  Wasn't it called  "Shawn Saves Christmas?"  Who are the ad wizards that come up with these titles?

Honored Contributor

I was in another room and had QVC on and all I could hear was JRT yelling.  I had to change the channel to something calmer.