Occasional Contributor

Re: Fri-YAY is here to stay . . . UGGGHHHH!

[ Edited ]

I like the Fri-YAY edition. For people who work, the term "Fri-YAY" signals the end of the work week. 

Super Contributor

[ Edited ]

It is cutesy and annoying. I never watch those shows.

Regular Contributor

@iloveqvc93 I have been working since 1974 and Fri-YaY does not signal the end of the work week.  Fri-Yay was something some QVC nut saw on Instagram or Twitter and thought it would be a good idea.  Leah's show was terrible with all that YAY stuff...I only had it on for an hour to see what she had but her selection was mediocre.  Jane needs to retire those dancing legs or go dance in Disney.

Esteemed Contributor

@LuvmyLab wrote:

I was doing some computer work and had QVC on and Fri-Yay with Jane was on.  After Craig Smith did the shredder presentation Jane said something like "dancing legs" time and she went crazy moving around with her legs all wierded out and so did Craig. Is this something that they usually do on this show?  I never watched it before and definitely won't again.

@LuvmyLab Oh Lordy, I am glad I did not see that!

Always remember that you are absolutely unique. Just like everyone else. Margaret Mead
Occasional Contributor

Well, good for you for working since 1974. So? For some, it does signal the end of the work week. I work in marketing and communication. That's the point of the marketing tactic they're using with it. Calm. Down. Ma'am. 

Respected Contributor

@Puppy Lips wrote:

@LuvmyLab wrote:

I was doing some computer work and had QVC on and Fri-Yay with Jane was on.  After Craig Smith did the shredder presentation Jane said something like "dancing legs" time and she went crazy moving around with her legs all wierded out and so did Craig. Is this something that they usually do on this show?  I never watched it before and definitely won't again.

@LuvmyLab Oh Lordy, I am glad I did not see that!

How's it any different from David's Happy Dance?

Respected Contributor

What's wrong with you, QVC? 

EVERYBODY hates this phrase.

Respected Contributor

LOL The OP should've known that, before long, someone would appear to utter the profound, "change the channel."  

I agree that Fri-Yay is silly. Plus, as others have recently noted, it makes even less sense now with so many out of work.

What worries you masters you.
Super Contributor

Fri yay is not smart or clever, it's silly and I'm not watching it. Not that whoever came up with this phrase cares what I think.

Honored Contributor

@loriqvc wrote:

Well, it looks like Fri-YAY is here to stay at the Q; now Leah has a morning show with this theme to go along with the evening shows, and QVC apparently applied for and received a formal service mark (SM) for the phrase. Uggghhhh. I can't believe something so juvenile and obnoxious is being considered good marketing—I don't know of a single person who thinks it's cute and fun after hearing it more than once.

Our @loriqvc is prescient!

QVC's registration for Fri-YAY! was only granted April 4, 2020 but Lori posted January 3. The mark had only just been given a notice of publication (which is another step in the road to actual registration).  Lori, that is good work!

(Trademark was my profession.)

p.s. I think it's silly, too.

[was Homegirl] Love to be home . . . thus the screen name. Joined 2003.