Respected Contributor

Free Shipping over ez pay. Come on Q get with the program

I cannot believe how bad ez pay is for the customer.  QVC should really help their customers out by giving some free shipping instead of the evil pay.  They are so behind the 8 ball.

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Free Shipping over ez pay. Come on Q get with the program

@Sunnycorle wrote:

I cannot believe how bad ez pay is for the customer.  QVC should really help their customers out by giving some free shipping instead of the evil pay.  They are so behind the 8 ball.

@Sunnycorle   I don't find ez pay evil at all.  I use it when I make purchases because if I need to return the item I don't have the full price tied up and have to wait for a large refund.  If I keep the item, I just go into my account and pay it off.  Works great.

Respected Contributor

cute dog in your photo.  Be careful shopping with the Q is all I have to say. Shopped QVC over 20 years and the sales tactics have changed.  

Honored Contributor

@Sunnycorle wrote:

cute dog in your photo.  Be careful shopping with the Q is all I have to say. Shopped QVC over 20 years and the sales tactics have changed.  

Well, that's a very odd thing to say.  You make it sound as if they're pulling a fast one by offering easy pay.

And wouldn't it be odd, if nothing changed in the past 20 years?  I think most QVC customers are smart enough to manage their shopping, without being warned to "be careful".  If not, time to shop somewhere else!

Respected Contributor

fair enought.  I found their sales tatics over the last 12 months to be very different then the past and have given up.  Maybe I don't have self control but I think I found it finally.  

Honored Contributor

No interest payments x 4 is becoming very popular.  I am seeing it at quite a few retailers.

Mostly...Klarna and Affirm.

Others...Afterpay and Quadpay.  

Trusted Contributor

Although I love free shipping days on QVC, I do find myself making more purchases with easy pay.  Yes, it can get a person into quite a bit of trouble if they don't budget their money/easy pays accordingly, but it is actually quite helpful for me personally.

It allows me to buy more things that I want without hundreds of dollars being wiped out of my account at once.  I buy a few things here and there and pay them off in a few months.  I don't go overboard; I spend what I can afford.  And, I usually pay things off before my last payment.  It is a win-win for me.

Esteemed Contributor

I understand the OP's point.  I find the tactics for sales has changed also.  I think alot of us prefer free shipping over EZ pay but it's good they offer it to those who like it.  There have been complaints on here though about errors being made, such as people still being charged their payments after having returned an item.  Best to be careful with all shopping I guess.

Respected Contributor

@LindaSal wrote:

I understand the OP's point.  I find the tactics for sales has changed also.  I think alot of us prefer free shipping over EZ pay but it's good they offer it to those who like it.  There have been complaints on here though about errors being made, such as people still being charged their payments after having returned an item.  Best to be careful with all shopping I guess.

Many of us got into debt because of EZ Pay.  If you listen to the hosts they sound like car salespeople luring people in with talk of monthly payments and 'less than the price of a cup of coffee a day" giberish.  It took many years but I am now a savvy shopper. i pray for those on fixed incomes who purchase things they cannot afford due  to the EZ Pay offers.

Honored Contributor

Any one who gets themselves into trouble using EZ pay has no one to blame but themselves.

It is called personal responsibility.  Not trying to be mean, but I can't hold QVC accountable if I don't watch my own buying and spending.

EZ pay has been around for years...nothing new and I agree with @Foxxee you see it every where now on almost every site.

They are in business to make sales....lots of them.  They are a huge corporation with thousands of employees and vendors making a living under them.

I appreciate any incentives I can get.  Free shipping, EZ pay, points, miles etc.