Respected Contributor

Re: Free Shipping In January?

[ Edited ]

@Pearlee wrote:
I really don't think it matters what Q gas done in the past. It has been all over the map doing unexpected things all 2019

since 2016

Honored Contributor

I don't know.  It's always a surprise to me, but you run the risk of your items selling out. 

Look at it this way, depending on how good the clearance prices are, is paying $5.00 shipping worth it if you want the items badly enough?  You may still save money than if you paid full price with free shipping.  

Of course, you know, you can buy them today, tomorrow QVC may offer free shipping.  Again, if you wait, they may be sold out when free shipping is offered.  

Esteemed Contributor

Free shipping is a myth. Much has been written about it. They just build it into the price. No company can afford to give free shipping as the costs would outweigh the profits. The exception may be Amazon but their business model
Is so different. They have done studies about the human psych and free shipping.
Trusted Contributor

Retail sales in general are always slow in January and part of February. I'm thinking if sales are sluggish this month, even with Easy Pay, QVC may offer a free-shipping day here and there to boost sales.

Valued Contributor

On the bright side, HSN is offering free shipping on everything today :-) 

~ Hope in TN ~
Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@BrandiDavis wrote:

On the bright side,HSNN is offering free shipping on everything today :-) 

Thanks for the heads-up, BrandiDaviss  I don't habitually check HSN, so this is good to know. It also gives me an idea that QVC will do offer free shipping one of these days too.

Valued Contributor

be careful they may raise the clearance prices to cover free shipping

Respected Contributor

Many people have stated on these forums in the past about the price going up on items on free shipping days. I personally have not experienced that. Anyway there may be hope since HSN is doing a free ship day today. After reading about it here, thanks to person who posted it, I ordered two items saving $7.50 shipping on one item and $5.50 shipping on another. I would not have purchased these two items, paying S&H, at least not today!
Esteemed Contributor

@Kindaglitzy wrote:
Many people have stated on these forums in the past about the price going up on items on free shipping days. I personally have not experienced that. Anyway there may be hope since HSN is doing a free ship day today. After reading about it here, thanks to person who posted it, I ordered two items saving $7.50 shipping on one item and $5.50 shipping on another. I would not have purchased these two items, paying S&H, at least not today!

@Kindaglitzy I also watch the prices of the items I have on my wish list., and they do not bump them up. If they did, I wouldn't buy them. Anyway, they are usually "as is" and are much cheaper than the original price. QVC lists the original item number on the "as is" item, and you can check the price against it as well.