Super Contributor

Free Shipping But System Won't Accept Gift Cards

Yep. Prices on the items I wanted didn't increase. But gift card was declined. I called Customer Service and was told there's a problem in their system.
Trusted Contributor

Re: Free Shipping But System Won't Accept Gift Cards

Just add it to the list of issues going on. I got this earlier when I tried to order:

Screenshot_20220612-011809.png

Super Contributor

I got that same message earlier this morning. Web site finally cleared up but "too bad" on using gift cards.
Contributor

I tried to use a gift card, too, and spent a good deal of time trying to get assistance before being told their gift card system is "down." I wonder if that isn't intentional on a free shipping day. 

Super Contributor

Wondered that same thing Nutzy. Especially after the special deal Q had on gift cards last month.
Respected Contributor

@Nutzy   @bluetail fly   I don't think it's intentional.  Their computer system is so outdated that high volume, such as they experience on days like today with free shhipping and maximum easy pays tax it way beyond its outdated capacity and it goes totally beserk.

If they don't get a totally new system soon they reallly  are going to be left in the dust by their competitors.

I remember a few months back when there were problems reading here something indicating that they were having trouble integrating QVC and HSN's ordering systems.

aroc3435

Washington, DC

Honored Contributor

9:20 PM

11% rebate + free shipping - Wish List mysteriously unavailable.

This has happened so often, hard to accept it’s a coincidence.

"Animals are not my whole world, but they have made my world whole" ~ Roger Caras