Honored Contributor

Re: Founder's Day cancelled

[ Edited ]

Call it whatever they like, let's face it, none of their 'special' events turns out to be anything all that special... Moreover, I'd guess that given the volume of feedback about how much missed the 'old QVC' is and how marignal many are finding the 'new QVC', they're probably wanting to distance themselves from the good old days...

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Valued Contributor

I've been celebrating my 30th birthday for decades now.

Esteemed Contributor

@banned again

I would imagine that since November 24th is a Saturday and it falls between black Friday and cyber Monday that a QVC birthday celebration in November would get lost in the shuffle as a lot of companies would be pushing shopping bargains that weekend in the lead up to Christmas.

If QVC did celebrate their anniversary in November, what goodies could they offer the QVC customer except an extra easy pay or a free shipping day? I would guess that every other company would be offering free shipping that weekend too on top of any bargain pricing so where would QVC's advantage be? At least in the middle of June there's no big holiday on June 13 which falls on a Wednesday so maybe QVC will go all out for their birthday celebration.

Respected Contributor

@TY

QVC dropped celebrating their birthday on November 24 years ago- they celebrated their 22nd Birthday on November 24, 2008 and have not observed birthdays since. Shortly afterwards Better than Black Friday took over as the big event of late November.

This isn't the first time Founder's Day has been cancelled! In 2011, June 13 was Easy Does It Day. June 13 in 2012 and 2013 was called Discover QVC Everywhere Day. Founder's Day finally returned on June 13, 2014, only to be cancelled again this year. 

QVC is rude to no longer honor Joe Segal and unsurprisingly inconsistant in (again) changing the event on June 13.

Respected Contributor

I remember "Founder's Day" when Bob Bowersox was introduced as the first on-air personality on QVC.  I guess when he was "released", he took "Founder's Day" with him.

Respected Contributor

Re: Founder's Day cancelled

[ Edited ]

@Cats3000

Did you not read my previous post? I said that Founder's Day was honored on QVC every June 13th from 1987 to 2010 and again from 2014 to 2017. Hence Founder's Day continued well after Bob Bowersox's last airdate, which was December 14, 2008. 

Jane is still with QVC and as one of the original hosts, QVC should still honor their history with Founder's Day.