Respected Contributor

Founder's Day cancelled

[ Edited ]

QVC has done away with their decades-long tradition of Founder's Day, celebrating Joesph Segal's founding of QVC on June 13, 1986. This year on June 13 QVC will observe their 32nd Birthday. QVC previously celebrated their Birthday on November 24, the date of their original broadcast in 1986. 

How do you change your birthday, QVC? This year, QVC changed the date of St. Patrick's Day! I realize that June is QVC's Birthday Month, but you can have a Founder's Day during Birthday Month. June 13th is Founder's Day.

Honored Contributor

I take the liberty of changing my birthday by several years.  What's the big deal?

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

The Q makes a big deal out of celebrating Christmas in July which I don't care for but lots do like.

Honored Contributor

Birthday....Founder's Day..... tomatoes...tomAtoes

Honored Contributor

I don't know why I should care.  I assume that at some point in my QVC life I must have run across such a day, but to be absolutely honest, there's not a single memory of it in my brain -  and, no, I don't regard that as a sign that I'm losing my mind.

Honored Contributor

Re: Founder's Day cancelled

[ Edited ]

Not a big deal to me either. I don't buy from here much and don't watch much so its moot to me.

Honored Contributor

well they have  Christmas in July so why wouldn't QVC make up other fictitious dates and holidays?

Regular Contributor

I don't really care about Founder's Day at all but did want to point out that the shopping channels did not make up or create "Christmas in July." It was around way before QVC and HSN - it's the date typically that knitting, embroidery and other stores get their Christmas items in stock so those who handmake gifts can presumably purchase and be done by the holiday.

Honored Contributor

Who cares?

BE THE PERSON YOUR DOG THINKS YOU ARE! (unknown)
Honored Contributor

Yes, Founder's Day was separate from Birthday Week. I think we got free shipping that day.