Valued Contributor

Re: Found That Little Presentation with Shawn and Susan Hysterical

OP loves Shawn. The majority find her annoying and unprofessional. Whenever she starts one of her stories about the imaginary person wearing IM's clothes to a yacht party, etc. it is stupid because real people like that are not wearing the Q's clothes.

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Styleovertrend wrote:

OP loves Shawn. The majority find her annoying and unprofessional. Whenever she starts one of her stories about the imaginary person wearing IM's clothes to a yacht party, etc. it is stupid because real people like that are not wearing the Q's clothes.

90E24475-B653-46D9-A6FC-246E6C8F5770.jpeg

Trusted Contributor

@Styleovertrend wrote:

---   
The majority of who? 

The posters on these forums, represent a tiny %, of QVC's viewer base. 

Do you  really think, if QVC had any reason to believe, the majority of their viewers, found Shawn annoying and unprofessional, that she would still be a host, much less, in primetime, much less, headlining shows? 

Different hosts appeal to different people, no problem there.  

Super Contributor

I agree, I don't like the storytelling at all. I can tolerate it from Isaac but Shawn. Don't watch when Shawn is presenting.

Valued Contributor

@SuhseK the majority of those who post here. I can't speak for those who have not expressed their opinion.

Honored Contributor

The comment I heard on a Friday show on air was a bit discerning....The host told the vendor if the vendor couldn't  do the colors the show was in serious trouble....luckily the vendor saved the day.....

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Esteemed Contributor

@SuhseK wrote:

@Styleovertrend wrote:

---   
The majority of who? 

Do you  really think, if QVC had any reason to believe, the majority of their viewers, found Shawn annoying and unprofessional, that she would still be a host, much less, in primetime, much less, headlining shows? 

@SuhseK 

When any kind of a survey is done not every single solitary person in the US is asked about whatever it is. A sampling is taken. Aren't the posters here a sampling thus a good indication of what the majority think?

When the skin care vendors are on and showing their surveys saying just for one example........ 97% of users said they skin was noticeably softer, 92 % of users said their skin was noticeably smoother....and so on, they didn't ask every single solitary user of the product, they took a sampling. And for all we know they might have gotten free product in return for a good review.

If 90% of the comments here are negative about a host or a product then wouldn't that give a good indication of how the majority feels?

And maybe I'm making no sense.

Trusted Contributor

Shawn making up stories always has to do with rich people.  I think she wants to live in The Hamptons she is always talking about them.  

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@shaggygirl wrote:

@SuhseK wrote:

@Styleovertrend wrote:

---   
The majority of who? 

@SuhseK 

When any kind of a survey is done not every single solitary person in the US is asked about whatever it is. A sampling is taken. Aren't the posters here a sampling thus a good indication of what the majority think?

When the skin care vendors are on and showing their surveys saying just for one example........ 97% of users said they skin was noticeably softer, 92 % of users said their skin was noticeably smoother....and so on, they didn't ask every single solitary user of the product, they took a sampling. And for all we know they might have gotten free product in return for a good review.

If 90% of the comments here are negative about a host or a product then wouldn't that give a good indication of how the majority feels?

And maybe I'm making no sense.

@shaggygirl 

You make total sense---Even when you call or do business online or in person they asks customer to complete a survey which ask,  "how did we do?"...."what did you think of our customer sevice?" etc etc....And even though only a small number of people respond companies go with what the replies they received from customers that took time to respond. 

Also, David Venable asked for suggestions for next year's Halloween Show....so if just a few respond, I'm sure the suggestions will still be taken into consideration. 

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Respected Contributor

As long as a host delivers profits apparently management is happy and turns a deaf ear to complaints. I think they would benefit by considering how much profits and real time viewing numbers would increase if the host's on air antics weren't so polarizing. And if management wants to be enlightened, they only have to read the forums to see what behavior is routinely commented on. That tells me they don't care if Shawn's make believe stories or Jane's incessant family references drive me or others away as long as a profit is made.