Trusted Contributor

Forum navigation slowed by d.monetate.net

Just recently, my ability to cruise around on the forum has slowed to a near halt. No matter what I click on, topic or post, I see the "waiting for d.monetate.net" message at the bottom of my screen, and it takes anywhere from 15 to 30 seconds for the display to come up.

Can someone enlighten me as to what this situation is?

Honored Contributor

Re: Forum navigation slowed by d.monetate.net

I can't enlighten you, but I'm glad to know that it's not just on my end. It started right after one of those automatic updates on my computer, so I kept thinking it was related to that.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Super Contributor

I'm on a phone, not a computer. I don't see any message, but last night I said to my husband my phone is so slow on this site. This must be what you're talking about. I always think it's just me experiencing these things because of where we live.
Trusted Contributor

I guess Q is either employing or allowing this adware. It is so annoying.

Honored Contributor

On 3/15/2014 FLgardener said:

it is a tracker, annoying

Honored Contributor

On 3/15/2014 jackthebear said:

Yes, it's a company that tracks the user's activities to then use the info for marketing to that individual. The error messages ("long running script" and "waiting for d.monetate.net") appear for those using Internet Explorer as their browser.

On a computer, switching to Firefox, Chrome or Safari will fix the problem temporarily, on iPads there's really no solution other than waiting for QVC to correct this. But it's ridiculous that a large company like QVC would continue to have issues like this. Customers should be able to use any of the major browsers and software "updates" should be seamless and unnoticed by users.

Few things reveal your intellect and your generosity of spirit—the parallel powers of your heart and mind—better than how you give feedback.~Maria Popova
Honored Contributor

On 3/15/2014 dooBdoo said:

Yes, it's a company that tracks the user's activities to then use the info for marketing to that individual. The error messages ("long running script" and "waiting for d.monetate.net") appear for those using Internet Explorer as their browser.

On a computer, switching to Firefox, Chrome or Safari will fix the problem temporarily, on iPads there's really no solution other than waiting for QVC to correct this. But it's ridiculous that a large company like QVC would continue to have issues like this. Customers should be able to use any of the major browsers and software "updates" should be seamless and unnoticed by users.

I'm on FF and experiencing the slowness. I'm not seeing the d.monetate message.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Honored Contributor

On 3/15/2014 suzyQ3 said:

Hi, suzyQ3! Is it Firefox v. 27.0.1 and do you have updated add-ons and plugins? (I'm using an iMac -- not sure if that makes a difference with this problem, though.)

Few things reveal your intellect and your generosity of spirit—the parallel powers of your heart and mind—better than how you give feedback.~Maria Popova
Honored Contributor

On 3/15/2014 suzyQ3 said:

Hi, suzyQ3! Is it Firefox v. 27.0.1 and do you have updated add-ons and plugins? (I'm using an iMac -- not sure if that makes a difference with this problem, though.)

I have no clue and right now too lazy to figure it out. {#emotions_dlg.lol} But I'm not having the same problem anywhere else on line.

Honored Contributor

{#emotions_dlg.laugh}suzyQ3!

I know how you feel. If you do decide to check, just click on the word "Firefox" and in the dropdown menu click "About Firefox." It will display a popup box displaying the version you're currently using, and you can click on "Check for Updates" to see if a new one is available.

Most add-ons will update after you close and then relaunch a browser. The Adobe Flash plugin did have a new version released last week, btw.