Honored Contributor

Re: Former QVC Host Dave James is Back!

Well at least QVC wasn't vindictive and they allowed him back as a spokesperson. I think they did that with Jonathan Redford too. Sorry, if I messed up his name.
Valued Contributor

Agree...Bring him back as a host.

Esteemed Contributor

Oh, so nice to see him again.  ❤️

I'm going to order the surge protector.  😊

Trusted Contributor

I just watched the video & remember why I liked him so much. First of all, he's so funny! Secondly, he has such a soothing voice. But most importantly, he's informative without yelling, dancing around, singing, looking into the monitor...I could go on & on. What a refreshing change!
Esteemed Contributor

@Caaareful Shopper, Thanks for the heads up.  I don't watch much so would not have known.  Dave was a good host and also seems to be a good product rep. 

I ordered a set of the surge protectors in almond.  I needed something like this for two particular places, and have been meaning to buy some, then saw Dave's product presentation, so decided to give these a try. 

Honored Contributor

Yes, Lisa Robertson will show up selling surge protectors.  In another universe, maybe.  

Respected Contributor

Interesting.  He has (had?) a wedding photography business.  In fact his website is still up.

Respected Contributor

The way the shopping channels are hiring and firing hosts, Dave (or any former host) would be foolish to come back.  They are better off working as a vendor rep.

"Summer afternoon-summer afternoon; to me those have always been the two most beautiful words in the English language." ~Henry James
Honored Contributor

DJ was great at selling jewelry for the Q, guess he wasn't quite what they were looking for in a male host though.

Trusted Contributor

They probably get thousands of applications so I doubt there is a shortage of potential hosts.  It isnt rocket science to be a salesperson.