Honored Contributor

Former Host Mary Nelson is Coming Back to QVC

[ Edited ]

Starting this Monday, Mary will be hosting for the summer, from her home in Omaha, Nebraska.  Only on Q2!  She is calling herself a "special guest for the summer." 

She will not have items in her home, but she will navigate the presentation by relying on the vendors to show their products. She will ask the questions she feels customers would ask if they could. 

Since the pandemic opened this new way of hosting from home for QVC, they are able to try all kinds of hosting now.

Mary left QVC in the fall of 2019.  You can check out her Instagram page, if interested.

Mary.jpg

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Former Host Mary Nelson is Coming Back to QVC

@Caaareful Shopper wrote:

Starting this Monday, Mary will be hosting for the summer, from her home in Omaha, Nebraska.  Only on Q2!  She is calling herself a "special guest for the summer." 

She will not have items in her home, but she will navigate the presentation by relying on the vendors to show their products. She will ask the questions she feels customers would ask if they could. 

Since the pandemic opened this new way of hosting from home for QVC, they are able to try all kinds of hosting now.

Mary left QVC in the fall of 2019.  You can check out her Instagram page, if interested.

Mary.jpg

Her voice drove me crazy.  I won't be watching. I hardly watch Q2 anyway.

Trusted Contributor

@Caaareful Shopper   I have nothing against Mary because I never saw her present anything, but I just don't see this format working with anyone.  No product, just asking questions??

Respected Contributor

@grandma2pkmh wrote:

@Caaareful Shopper   I have nothing against Mary because I never saw her present anything, but I just don't see this format working with anyone.  No product, just asking questions??

The vendors will show the products.

“The soul is healed by being with children.”
— Fyodor Dostoyevsky
Respected Contributor

I don't understand why this is necessary unless she is doing this in helping out when the hosts are taking vacation time.  

I am sure that Mary Nelson is a lovely lady, but for the few times I saw her on the Q, I simply had to change the channel.  Her voice quivers and she acts as though she is nervous.  I just could not watch her.  I don't watch Q2 anyway, so those that do....enjoy if you can.

Esteemed Contributor

Delighted to have Mary Nelson returning to QVC from the comfort of her own home in Omaha, NE. She's competent, well prepared and always so friendly and courteous to others, which is rare among hosts. Anxious to see her new program on Monday.

She and Lisa Robertson are two of my all-time favorite hosts due to their kindness to others and ultimate professionalism.    

Money screams; wealth whispers.
Occasional Contributor

Listen to her on her Instagram page now as she makes her announcement. I think you’ll agree her voice is quite nice.
Trusted Contributor

I thought she was lovely and a very good hostess, glad to hear we will see her again. I was sorry to see her leave.

Esteemed Contributor

@mom2four0418 wrote:

@grandma2pkmh wrote:

The vendors will show the products.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

I´ll never understand why people read and comment without understanding what the Op is talking about. I could say it in a different way, but I won´t

Esteemed Contributor

I have never heard her or watched her but will check the videos to see if what was presented.