Honored Contributor

I too don't mind some of the entertainment factor at all, as long as all of the important information for my shopping is covered.  I actually enjoy shopping, and like it to be pleasant, even fun.  If I laugh along the way, I'm grateful that my day had a little bit of brightness while I was spending my money. 

But there's a threshold that for me is a line in the sand when it's a host's all about ME antics, where they obviously never did their homework on the product.  Or, a vendor that yells OW! like they're in a club because...well I have no idea why that happens. 

Respected Contributor

Oh my gosh, @Perkup , you gave me a much needed laugh with your first paragraph -- very funny and spot on!

Regular Contributor

Eh, it's an opinion and mine.  I won't make time to sit and watch qvc for hours, nor take an hour or so to scroll through the website shopping OR go to any hosts Facebook or otherwise (with 1 exception of Megan Murray, her house is amazing and I like her) Most of my purchases have been done on the fly, I see or hear something being presented and I'll buy it.  Don't mind the dancing, eating, sharing of private lives, but I do mind seeing posts such as "don't want to hear about Trev, don't want to hear about Jagger, Shawn doesn't need to get a dog, David never leaves, Antionellas hair is awful, why do the hosts all look the same, why are they dancing~they can't dance"...ad nauseum.   Start whittling away, your left with nothing.

Regular Contributor

@Caaareful Shopper , maybe I wasn't specific enough on "All".  "All" being the constant complainers, and if your one of them then I'd include you in all, if not, then carry on.

Honored Contributor

Re: For what its worth...

[ Edited ]

@_O_ 

I dont like robotic presentations, a good host is formative and well prepared, but at the same time interjects a little bit of their personality.  BUT I don't like silly over the top hosts that treat the shows like it was their own personal talk show, and are unprepared when it comes to the merchandise information.  It seems the only product info we get are COLORS, which they go through numerous times and even seem to stumble over. that. ...And they keep interrupting the poor vendor trying to give product information..but the host stops them abruptly so the host can share their special "family moment"....😒 

I dont want to hear them talk so fast it sounds like they are auditioning for the Chipmunks or Minions.  I don't need nor want to see someone wiggling and jiggling their rear end to sell clothing or a host dancing with a colander on their head, or make sleeves on a blouse "dance", or switching heads on cookie jars so santa has a snowman's body...😒..And when you know more about a host's daughter's career, or the host's musical playlist, or know the medical journal definition of a daughter's recent illness than you know about the products shown SOMETHING IS WRONG WITH THIS PICTURE...QVC is a business selling merchandise, not a rendition of Entertainment Tonight!!!....

And Im with @Johnnyeager and others ---the hosts seem to be ramping it up instead of toning it down--and isnt it interesting that in their latest financial reports sales have declined in particular for items SOLD ON AIR!!!

And I think it's downright silly when the Q Fan Club GOES INTO an absolute PANIC !!!!! Only to find Chris from Lock N Lock was not on air because she went on vacation....SMH!

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Respected Contributor

What is repetitive, boring, and lackluster is the product programming.

After selling the same tee, mascara, soap, or pillow for the thousandth time, the hosts must be as bored with describing it as many of us are hearing it.  I see and hear plenty of activity including posing, look-at-me antics, interminent shrieks, convoluted family stories on every item, dashing all over the set, and dancing around. The vendor who demanded music today so her models could wiggle around simply made the models look awkward. The push to be vibrant, connected, and interesting needs retooling.

Super Contributor
And while he Q is on in the background these posters notice all that bothers them about the hosts. Like the tone of their voice, the way they look in a bathing suit, their hair, what clothes the host is wearing to work, if the host wants a dog ! I mean maybe turn on the radio enty of talk shows . You can even call in and gripe
Super Contributor
Ya while in the background all these posters notice all that is so annoying
Honored Contributor

For me, the way I viewed shopping channels was changed with the internet....online access and ...computers.

Prior to all of this it was a simpler, enjoyable experience watching TV, calling in by phone....no silly games, questions on Facebook etc.  just shopping by phone.  Much preferred that.

Esteemed Contributor

@_O_ wrote:

Im not sure about the rest of you but i see a distinct change in marketing, and maybe its conducive with the rest of the world, bland, non distinctive, roboitic, boring, generic...lets make it as impersonal as possible and hopefully it will entice.  I love Dan Hughes, Jane, Shawn, David...ect, irregardless of their many destinctive flaws that you all find annoying, but I hope that all you complainers will be much happier to see less personal, less `sharing because thats what im seeing.  There are 4 qvc channels running, most pre recorded.  Zzzzzzzzz.  I used to enjoy having qvc running somewhere in my house in the background...no longer.  All those channels mean nothing to me and all the complainers, I hope you get what you wished for.

What you're seeing is not what I'm seeing at all.  Robotic?  Less sharing?  Impersonal?  I see it as the exact opposite of all those things.

And we certainly can complain about things we like or don't like (such as too much sharing and too personal, and not enough giving actual information about what they're selling) without being accused of wanting robotic and bland programming.  I think it's pretty clear what we "wish for", and it's not that at all.