Respected Contributor

Re: For viewers of QVC in it's early days.

@Elodie2 wrote:

I started watching QVC when my now 35 year old son was an infant.  I've watched intermittently over the years, but the early years I remember fondly.  

For those who remember Molly Daly (quirky and whip-smart), there's an interesting article from January 1991 in the Tampa Bay Times entitled For Shoppers, it's Late Night with Molly Daly.

She mentions fellow hosts Bob Bowersox (everybody's favorite son-in-law), Jane Treacy (the girl next door, only more so), Jeff Hewson (the guy everyone wishes their daughter would bring home) and Steve Colantuno (the guy everybody wants at their party).

It's an interesting article that reflects the early days and mission of QVC (Quality, Value, Convenience).  Worth a google.

@Elodie2    Thanks.  That was a very interesting read.  

“If we couldn’t laugh we would all go insane.”- Jimmy Buffet
Contributor

@Group 5 minus 1 wrote:

Anyone remember when JT was the baseball Guru? I loved her silver shows.

1994_05_02.jpg

Trusted Contributor

@Estellee wrote:

I think the products they offer are getting better and better. I've ordered more in the past few years.

The one product that sticks in my mind was an ironing board that you could turn into a step ladder lol.  

Trusted Contributor

I cant remember the name changes or early host names, but does anyone remember when the hosts had a horn and when people would call in they would say can I get a toot-toot..I thought that was hysterical.  Can you imagine now a host with a horn and folks asking for a toot-toot.  Oh how far we have come.

Honored Contributor

@Shop Till you Drop wrote:

I cant remember the name changes or early host names, but does anyone remember when the hosts had a horn and when people would call in they would say can I get a toot-toot..I thought that was hysterical.  Can you imagine now a host with a horn and folks asking for a toot-toot.  Oh how far we have come.

@Shop Till you Drop  Wasn't that Tootie?

Contributor

@Shop Till you Drop wrote:

does anyone remember when the hosts had a horn and when people would call in they would say can I get a toot-toot..

That was Home Shopping Network.

Untitled.jpg

Honored Contributor

@Pyrite2616 Thanks so much. Loved it !

The long and winding road that leads to your door will never disappear.
Honored Contributor

I remember all those hosts---and no--don't wish for the good ole days--I never have done that with anything. It's progress marching on, no matter how disgusted we are over alot ---I enjoy and take advantage of the new tech---and wouldn't go back at all. But I would do 1 do-over if that could happenWoman Wink