Occasional Contributor

For those who responded to my "WRONG WRONG WRONG" post

Sorry, I tried to reply to your posts, but all of my replies ended up at the end of the postings, well page 6 anyway.  Please take a moment to read them.

I hope you all have a wonderful holiday.  To those who gave me encouragement and empathy, I thank you.  You know the meaning of being frustrated and allowing someone to rant, while still supplying support.

To those of you who were stuck on my financial matters, I have learned much from your hateful comments.  You need to  understand what the real problem is that I have with QVC.  Some of the ones who posted did understand.  If this is your way of communicating with a new comer to this forum, I'm embarrassed for you.  Saying something is "fishy" or that my post was a hoax?  Really?  I hope you take a deep breath and, when you do, you breathe in the Christmas Spirit of understanding and support.

Honored Contributor

Re: For those who responded to my "WRONG WRONG WRONG" post

@Kathy679412  Dear Kathy, Please don't allow other's to make you have a bad day.  Most people do not intend to make you unhappy.  They are just stating the facts as they know them.

Some people have difficulty understand a situation unless they've experienced it.  I don't know what other people are thinking or feeling.  I get the feeling you thought you'd post here and gets lots of sympathy.

Just like in life, this forum has people who will sympathize with you and some who don't and even some who offer advice (or both).  When you put yourself out for other's to know you risk hearing all sides of something.

No one wants to hurt you or be mean, most people are genuinely good people.  You asked and posted and they just responded.

I've had lots of times when I've had my feelings hurt.  Don't take it to heart.  Dwell on the things others said that make you feel better.  Take some of the advice to heart, they mean well and often offer good advice.

Please continue to post here and don't judge any of us too harshly.  We are not meanies.  Like you, sometimes we all make mistakes and/or have difficulty posting our emotions.

Have a wonderful Christmas and please don't go away!  Annabelle.

Esteemed Contributor

I read your original post and didn't make any judgments - we all do what we think is right for us, and we sure don't need someone to judge us. I will say that I tend to stay away from posting anything here or on other forums that I see tend to attract the same responders, e.g. here and book clubs on Facebook. I've found that there are regulars that post a lot, and if you are a "newbie" you'd better watch out. Some (not all) of those folks tend to let those of us who don't "belong" that their voice matters a bit more and are quite free to let you know that. Again, it's not all of them. Learn a lesson from it and recognize that you can't always get a reasonable response. Sometimes you learn that you make decisions on your own and learn from them without seeking outside comments that can be hurtful.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Kathy679412 wrote:

Sorry, I tried to reply to your posts, but all of my replies ended up at the end of the postings, well page 6 anyway.  Please take a moment to read them.

I hope you all have a wonderful holiday.  To those who gave me encouragement and empathy, I thank you.  You know the meaning of being frustrated and allowing someone to rant, while still supplying support.

To those of you who were stuck on my financial matters, I have learned much from your hateful comments.  You need to  understand what the real problem is that I have with QVC.  Some of the ones who posted did understand.  If this is your way of communicating with a new comer to this forum, I'm embarrassed for you.  Saying something is "fishy" or that my post was a hoax?  Really?  I hope you take a deep breath and, when you do, you breathe in the Christmas Spirit of understanding and support.

********  I am sorry your first experience was not pleasant for you.  I would like to say, that, here on these boards, you can expect to hear a little of everything.....the good...the bad....and the ugly.  What works for me is... take to heart those posts you learn from or that encourage, help, or interest you. 

Once people find out they can't rattle you, they tend to leave you alone.  I think, if you give us a chance, you will find the majority of people here decent and caring.  Welcome to the boards and hope to see you again! 

Respected Contributor

You should have absolutely understood what the response would be to come to a forum with that kind of first post that lacked enough information to make your point, and suggested that others here not purchase from QVC.  I hope you truly read those negative posts.  I find that both negative AND positive posts here can be very helpful.  I wasn't one who was suspicious of you making up your story, but I was puzzled by your comments about dealing back with QVC.  With all the problems that happen with QVC, the majority here have very successful resolutions in their correspondence with customer service.  Perhaps that was the reason for so much skepticism.

Contributor

Dear Op

Merry Christmas  and a healthy and prosperous New Year..........while I understood the point of your orginal post...I don't think  I would have posted anything about my financial life on an open forum.....not everyone is chritable...it would seem to me  that you could have made this less private  and spoke to the credit card company associated with QVC...they are very strict  I am surprised you lawyer didn't tell you this... why would you put yor life on display...and as a wise fried told me...if you make your business public  get ready for crticisim, and hurtful coments

Honored Contributor

There are 4 kinds of posters...

1. People who practice straight talk -- say what they think but don't intend to hurt someone.  Just because someone says it like it is doesn't mean they are picking on someone.
  2. People who disagree with a poster and want to share another viewpoint.  Another position or opinion does not mean someone is ridiculing you or demeaning you.
  3. People who will say anything to make you feel warm and fuzzy even if you robbed a bank.
  4. Haters who will try to demean you and ridicule you...those you couldn't please even if you had the cure for alzheimers.The haters get all of us at one time or another. These are the ones you just have to ignore.  It takes a thick skin to post on these forums. 
Respected Contributor

OP, I agreet that ALOT of people misunderstood your point.  They latched on to a "solution" that had nothing to do with the your vent.  I find this alot on these boards.  Maddening because it causes the entire thread to go off in tangents, with no benefit to the OP.  

-- pro-aging --

Rochester, New York
Honored Contributor

I like this, @CalminHeart.

I just finished reading the original thread. I see here that the OP is upset because she thinks that posters didn't focus on the issue. But when you post all such personal detail leading up to the ISSUE, you need to expect that many posters will look at the bigger picture. And I think they are right in doing so.

Right or wrong, posters who are used to message boards will often be skeptical of a first post like the one you wrote. There is always a possibility that the person is a troll or is not giving us all the pertinent details.

I do not think that ANYONE who replied to the OP was acting in a trollish manner, as a couple posters insinuated.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Respected Contributor

@CalminHeart I would add to that list the people who feeled compelled to censor and control what you say  and people who don't really think too carefully about what they say when they should. 

To the OP, there's a natural skepticism found here that gets honed over the years when experiencing BS repeatedly. Sometimes it does get in the way of appreciating sincerity, but unfortunately, most of the time it correctly calls out "foul play in the bulletin board/forum venue". I'm sorry you were hurt by any of the replies. No one likes that, and a good portion of the posters here wouldn't really want that, in my experience. I hope you can let this go and forgive anyone who did hurt you, so you can enjoy the time ahead.