Respected Contributor

For those of you near Delaware Beaches

This past weekend, I visited Rehobeth Beach, DE, looking for something else to do besides Ocean City, MD. Now I love my summer spot in OC, but we ventured "up North" this past Saturday.  For those of you looking for something new and different, there is a new store called Hunt and Lane on Wilmington Ave up there. Oh my, what a find. The owners are a wonderful young couple. She is Indonesian and very, very eclectic in the store design. The furniture and other items are just beautiful and all hand carvedand very reasonably priced. There is artwork also available for sale from a local artist that is just amazing. Take a look...

Respected Contributor

Re: For those of you near Delaware Beaches

@bmorechick  You brought back memories!  Many, many years ago a close girlfiriend and I drove to Ocean City, MD for a long weekend (we were both young, single, and full of fun).  We had a great time there, but what sticks in my mind to this day, because there are three states there, is how all the advertising was about how Ocean City is "Del-Ma-Va-lous."  We loved saying that with the local accent (we're from Ohio)! 

Laura loves cats!
Respected Contributor

2blond...lol that's funny. I spent my entire life during the summers there from an infant until now. Yes, as young things, we strolled up and down the boardwalk, looking for hot young surfers (circa 1970s). Trust me, absolutely nothing has changed...come on down to Delmarva again Smiley Happy

Trusted Contributor

When I lived on the East coast I LOVED going to Rehobeth Beach. The beach and waves are great, nice shops and good food. Afterwards I head over to the outlet mall and shop around.

So tell me @bmorechick - did you happen to notice if my beloved Grotto Pizza was still around???

Respected Contributor

sandra - it is and has migrated into Ocean City. However, they are not what they used to be. Pizza is very, very greasy these days. Not sure what that's about, but they don't seem to have the following they used to. Other more authentic pizza places have cropped up. 

Trusted Contributor

@bmorechick Thanks for the Grotto Pizza update. Sorry to hear that they have gone downhill but in a way, not surprising. Perhaps they have expanded more than what their quality control can handle.

Still - if I ever get back to that area I'll take my chances!!!!

Valued Contributor

If you are in Rehoboth, you must go to the QVC outlet! They did a wonderful makeover to the store last year, and its really nice now. The ladies who work there have been there for a long time, and they are friendly and helpful.  Depending on the day of the week,the prices are ridiculously cheap, which really makes the shopping fun.

It's interesting to see everything "up close and personal," and I often think, "Wow, I'm really glad I didn't order that!"

Valued Contributor

My brother lives in Lewes, so I've been to that area a lot of times. I love the QVC outlet store.....but I didn't know it had been remodeled. Did they finally put in more than ONE dressing room that is never manned and always locked? LOL

Honored Contributor

love fenwick island, bethany beach, and rehoboth beach. beautiful beaches, lots of great shopping, unique shops, and fantastic casual, yet upscale restaurants. our family is not a fan of grotto pizza at all. we love all of the sodel concept restaurants (bluecoast, papa grandes, matts fish camp, catch 54, and more). also love all of the hooked restaurants (hooked, off the hook, just hooked, and hooked up). try the new bar and restaurant in the new hotel in bethany beach called 99 sea level. good food, good drinks, and a fantastic view.

we venture down into ocean city sometimes, but it is so busy and traffic can be awful at times. try the ropewalk restaurants and sunset grille.

i do try to get to the qvc outlet in rehoboth as much as i can. they have been having a 75% off apparel event. you can walk out with a lot of clothing if you have the patience. the ladies behind the jewelry counter are so nice. there are plenty of stores to choose from in all of the tanger outlet areas.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Honored Contributor

Wild ponies will make annual swim to Chincoteague Wednesday

http://www.baltimoresun.com/news/maryland/eastern-shore/bs-md-chincoteague-pony-swim-20160726-story....

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein