Trusted Contributor

I never buy their food offerings only because not much of it looks very healthy.  The salmon is probably good, but I

can get it fresh locally for much less.

I happened to be watching the Gourmet Holiday show late yesterday morning while getting ready and was shocked at the presentation featuring 2 dz macaron cookies for the

price of $64.00! I would love to know how many were sold.

Valued Contributor

I have seen Junior's cheesecake in markets in  in the Boston area. Also my wife came home one day with Cheryl's cookies. I don't know where she got them but I did not think they were that good but that's me. 

Honored Contributor

@Webpeggy wrote:

Does anyone here buy food on QVC? Food prices have skyrocketed everywhere; just wondering if food here is worth the extra?

No way.

I buy meat from a great local meat market. There are always deals at Omaha Steaks that are better than Q's prices.

I found a seafood company in Alaska that catches, preps and sells. Their customer service and seafood are outstanding. The prices are comparable to local farmed seafood. They do charge for shipping so I wait and order enough for 6 months at a time. I am on their email list and have received some great deals with free shipping too.

Always shop around. Rarely does Q beat the price of other retailers.

Regular Contributor
CIJ - Christmas In July
Occasional Contributor

This is the first time I have participated in any forum or group. 
It is fun; I love all of the different comments and the helpfulness.

CIJ; of course! Cat Embarassed 

I will let you know when I buy some food!

Regular Contributor
Welcome! The forums are fun and I have learned so much here! Have a great day!
Respected Contributor

First off,  Welcome to the forums here!

Secondly,  A big NO to buying food from QVC. I have purchased a few food items years ago. They were not up to my quality standards and did not taste all that great.  Their prices are outrageous  for what you are getting now. QVC has always had outrageous prices even before the pandemic and inflation, so they can't use that as an excuse.  So No, no food purchases for me. I can get fresher, better quality food here locally.  

Contributor

What an awesome tracking chart! 

Honored Contributor

Years ago we would purchase the crab cakes,but QVCs supplier changed and they were not as good. The original were tasty.

Valued Contributor

layla2450 said: "I have NEVER or will NEVER buy food from QVC. The price of ALL the food QVC sells is BEYOND OUTRAGEOUS.:

Hi Layla2450-I'm with you, however, years ago I did buy food on rare occassions. It was ordinary, nothing special and nutritionally I find the numbers to be unhealthy. 

I've received broken, thawed, unpleasant tasting food and even food they recalled that they wouldn't refund me for and/or requested that I return first which they present stating the opposite.

I find I do significantly better in the local stores as well as other websites.

"I never changed, I just learned."