Occasional Contributor

Food finally delivered - NO DRY ICE !

Finally got my tilapia I ordered on 5/15/20.  Grabbed the box immediately and it felt wet.

NO DRY ICE inside.  How in the world was the fish to stay frozen?  And it was sent UPS GROUND.  

The fish is slightly cool, not cold at all.  I honestly do not need food poisoning on top of the other health concerns we're all facing now.  So much for it being so much better than going to the dreaded grocery store now, "in these unprecedented times".

On hold for Customer Service now.

BIG TIME FAIL.  Not only was the food over two weeks past the original delivery date promised, but now I'm not really comfortable consuming it.  FAIL.

It will be a long time before I have any trust in shopping with the Q again.

Trusted Contributor

Re: Food finally delivered - NO DRY ICE !

@canary2sing throw it way making sure pets/animals dont get into it as spoiled fish is poisonous.

The Supreme Happiness Of Life Consists In The Conviction That One Is Loved.
I come from the beautiful and sunny Athens Greece
New Contributor

Had the same problem with an order of scallops from HSN last week.  UPS held the package in Orlando for an extra day (36 hrs in 90+ degree heat).  Mine were wet and warm when they arrived.  Refroze them so I could put them out with the garbage without something bursting and smelling.  Called and received an immediate refund.

Honored Contributor

@canary2sing  You'll never get through to CS by phone.  Contact the mods at:. qvcsocialteam@qvc.com

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Esteemed Contributor

@canary2sing Same thing happened to me yesterday - late in the day delivery of same fish........absolutely no dry ice....not even a bag to hold it.  Fish was thawed but still cool to cold. 

Immediately called CS - GOT THROUGH IN 2 MINS - representative has put in replacement order.

I followed the tracking - box came to my city - then to New Jersey - and then back.  Over a week with no dry ice.

Tomorrow is trash day - keeping it in freezer until 7:30 AM (no odor but don't want any)   and then adding the fish to trash container.

In all the food I've purchased........NEVER BEFORE NO DRY ICE BAG

SHOCKER

Esteemed Contributor

@Kachina624 I only called CS about 3 times year max........2  mins and I've always had a rep on the line.

Don't understand all the complaints about customer service.

Esteemed Contributor

@fthunt wrote:

@Kachina624 I only called CS about 3 times year max........2  mins and I've always had a rep on the line.

Don't understand all the complaints about customer service.

----------------

For me, it is only lately that hold for CS is too long!!   Usually it is just a couple of minutes.  But I think QVC is cutting back on staff due to virus, so less CS staff at work at any given time!! Or there are many calls due to so many delivery delays.

I have tried to contact CS this past week - three times - I held for 15 minutes for each.  But hung up!  I then reached out to the mods, my issues were fixed immediately!!

Regular Contributor

I dont understand why people order food from QVC as slow as they are and as slow as the shipping is.  I ordered a coffe cake a long time ago and it arrived moldy.  I order a plant from QVC and it arrived dead.

Respected Contributor

I never order food from any shopping network and this is another good reason not too!Woman Frustrated

Honored Contributor

Throughout the years I've very cautiously 'mentioned' to people to avoid sending home made baked goods, cookies, etc. across the country and overseas during the hot summer months.

Packaged foods are better, as most/many contain preservatives.

I'm not overly crazy about preservatives, but sometimes they are handy.

'More or less', 'Right or wrong', 'In general', and 'Just thinking out loud ' (as usual).