Honored Contributor

Re: Flashback Friday to LR in Vicenza Italy

@zanna wrote:

Lisa always looked beautiful and I loved seeing her in elegant gowns.  But what I miss most is her voice, which has a lower tone that I find calming and easy on the ears.  

She did have probably the best 'broadcast voice' of any of the QVC hosts... then and certainly now... 

I did enjoy seeing the beautiful villas they visited and the pretty dresses she wore for these events and some of the jewelry, especially in the earlier broadcasts, was magnificent...

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

All right... so some find the posts creepy... or boring... and that's fine... Yet here you are...

Smiley Wink

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

I actually liked these shows in the beginning, and then they got weird, with Lisa lowering her voice to speak reverently in hushed tones about a pricy necklace or bracelet. Too theatrical!!! 

But it I agree (when she wasn’t acting silly) that LR was the right host for this event. Nothing has really worked since. Edited to add: she was not a goddess (maybe Medusa with hair styles) nor did I get transported via a Calgon moment. If that foolishness were left off, we might get a real discussion @JONNYSBRO

Respected Contributor

Yes she was a goddess and she transported me to points unknown just like you do.  Entertaining, but doesn't match my team THE WASHINGTON CAPITALS!!!  WE Did IT!  

Honored Contributor

@Shawnie wrote:

Yes she was a goddess and she transported me to points unknown just like you do.  Entertaining, but doesn't match my team THE WASHINGTON CAPITALS!!!  WE Did IT!  

Smiley LOL  CONGRATS  @Shawnie!  I don't know anything about hockey, but I'm a 20-year transplant to the DC area, so I'm thrilled for ya!  They should make the day of the parade a holiday.

It's a ghost town at my office building today!

Respected Contributor

I don’t think it is fair for posters to deliberately sabotage a thread because they find it annoying. I don’t think the moderators should allow this.

Trusted Contributor

I too really miss Lisa's shows on the Q and I find myself rarely tuning in any more!

Honored Contributor

@stevieb wrote:

@zanna wrote:

Lisa always looked beautiful and I loved seeing her in elegant gowns.  But what I miss most is her voice, which has a lower tone that I find calming and easy on the ears.  

She did have probably the best 'broadcast voice' of any of the QVC hosts... then and certainly now... 

I did enjoy seeing the beautiful villas they visited and the pretty dresses she wore for these events and some of the jewelry, especially in the earlier broadcasts, was magnificent...

@stevieb Best broadcast voice is perfect.  Lisa had one of the best voices in TV shopping.  I’ll put aside those times she missed the mark with her uber-dramatically serene golf voice when she sold Italian-made jewelry.  All other times, Lisa’s voice was definitely one of the best in the biz.  

Oh oh how I miss good TV shopping voices. 

Respected Contributor

@JasoninBoston Nice to see you posting again

Honored Contributor

@SunValley wrote:

I actually liked these shows in the beginning, and then they got weird, with Lisa lowering her voice to speak reverently in hushed tones about a pricy necklace or bracelet. Too theatrical!!! 

But it I agree (when she wasn’t acting silly) that LR was the right host for this event. Nothing has really worked since. Edited to add: she was not a goddess (maybe Medusa with hair styles) nor did I get transported via a Calgon moment. If that foolishness were left off, we might get a real discussion @JONNYSBRO

@SunValley

I think Lisa said that she had to whisper a bit because they were filming in the wee hours of the morning in Italy due to the time difference and someone was staying at the Villa....

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”