Respected Contributor

This summer most of the female hosts dyed all or part of their hair blond. Now it appears that glasses are the next thing. Shawn has been wearing crazy glasses for awhile. Now on PM Style, Kourtney is wearing oversize glasses like we wore in the 80s. No idea if either are wearing corrective lens. Some of the models are also wearing clear lens glasses. Is it to make them look "smart" which is what we used to say back in the day. Or are they becoming QVC " influencers?

Esteemed Contributor

Re: First the hair, now glasses

I think she has them on because they're selling them in the show this evening. 

Esteemed Contributor

I have noticed this, too.  It has to be a fad.........how many new things can they think of for people to spend money on???  Personally, I think it doesn't enhance anyone's looks. It makes most of them look cross eyed. JMHO 

If you have to wear glasses, that is one thing.  Wearing them as a fashion statement, I just don't get it.  How is that fashionable?  Again, JMO

Fear not Brothers and Sisters! I have read THE BOOK..........we win!!!
Super Contributor

The glasses are worn to sell the item because some ppl adore and idolize some hosts. If a host wears the item and a viewer thinks that host loves the glasses and has several pair, or wants to have what the host has thats the sell. Why else would the host tell how many of an item that they own or that he or she needs or wants that item ?
Valued Contributor

I agree, it is extremely annoying as a customer to keep watching Shawn flip the glasess off and on a million times during her presentations. It takes away from a customer trying to watch an item.  She is over 40, people usually need reading glasses. That being the case, if they are reading glasses, she should get herself a pair or progressive glasses if she wants to look trendy.  I think the glasses take away from her looks, unfortunatley, she apparently thinks otherwise.

Trusted Contributor

I don’t mind the glasses, but I find the reflective glare very distracting. 👓

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

I signed on just to say this very thing and somebody beat me to it! These huge oversize glasses look ridiculous. Especially on someone with a small face.

And then they keep yanking them on and off ....

Respected Contributor

Poor Kourtney looks like Mr. Magoo.   

I am assuming these are "readers" and will be presented in a future show.  Certainly, no one seriously thinks they look sophisticated in these oversized specs.  

Super Contributor

Oh my gosh, what is the problem with them having fun with accessories? Shawn is quirky, as are some of her style choices. There is no age limit on expressing yourself. Are we all supposed to become invisible after 40? Forget that! I like seeing personality and creativity, regardless of whether or not I would do it that way. Who knows? I may pick up a cool new idea! #openmind

“…nevertheless, she persisted.”
Trusted Contributor

Yes it is yet another sales tactic.  When Courtney presented the TSV last night she mentioned they would be in p m style tonight.