Honored Contributor

Re: First the hair, now glasses

I find Shawn's glasses very distracting.  Way too large (in my opinion) and that she is constantly taking them off and putting them back on.   I know what it is to remove reading glasses when you are not reading and speaking with someone across from you, etc, but Shawn doing it while she is "selling" is really a distraction.  

Respected Contributor

if this is what retirement is about Working seems the best way to go.  

Respected Contributor

The glass "craze" has now hit Alberti. He is wearing a pair of over-sized glasses with black frames. I have to believe a memo went out from corporate instructing the hosts to wear glasses to appear trendy.

Super Contributor

Shawn does look silly when she's wearing glasses, especially on the tip of her nose. She often pushes them up or takes them off  for a New York minute.  I guess she thinks the glasses are a fashion statement.

Trusted Contributor

I agree. Shawn uses glasses as a fashion accessory and it looks silly.   People that need glasses do not keep taking them on and off or pushing them up 

on top of their head.  Just looks silly and looks like what a teenager would do to look "cool".  I can hardly watch anything on QVC anymore with all the selling like your life is less enjoyable if you do not buy every shoe, dress, coffee pot,  pots and pans, etc. that they have.  No, I do not watch much anymore and I change the channel.

Contributor

If they don't have any problem with their eyesight, I think they are just trying to look good or smart or maybe it suits their outfit.

Contributor

Agree, she needs to do something about that red lipstick, it's not only on her lips but bleeds beyond her lip line.

Frequent Contributor

The glasses are distracting. The show should be about the product presented, but it appears that QVC is trying to court a younger audience. It just won’t happen. The younger generation won’t sit still for an hour or two just to see a half dozen items presented. They can jump on Amazon and see 6 items in 3 minutes. They have no patience, instant gratification. Back to the glasses, though, quirky is okay as long as it isn’t distracting the viewer from the product or what is being said. I am reminded of the late night hosts of today compared to those if a few decades ago. The old hosts made their interviews about the guests. The new hosts are trying to be the entertainment and to upstage the hosts, to look cute or snarky or whatever. It is a new generation, and I understand that. It doesn’t necessarily mean the changes are positive.
Respected Contributor

When they wear glasses, I always think they will be presenting Prive Revaux reading glasses or sun glasses.

Respected Contributor

At least a year ago Shawn was wearing "quirky" glasses and she admitted on air they were just clear glass and were for fashion only.  Maybe now they really are reading glasses, but I agree she plays with them a lot!  It doesn't bother me, but I do notice it.  I guess that is her intention.