Esteemed Contributor

Re: First the hair, now glasses

@seaBreeze wrote:

Poor Kourtney looks like Mr. Magoo.   

I am assuming these are "readers" and will be presented in a future show.  Certainly, no one seriously thinks they look sophisticated in these oversized specs.  

@seaBreeze   Sorry I had to laugh at that 😂😆 you are so right she did !!   Not a good look for her for sure!

Honored Contributor

@Lipstickdiva : Have you tried monovision contacts? The optometrist corrects your dominant eye to see distance clearly, and the other eye is corrected for reading vision. It took very little adjustment time for me, and l don't need reading glasses.

~~Be careful when you follow the masses. Sometimes the 'm' is silent.~~
Respected Contributor

Iris.jpg

I rest my case ... come on.  Anyone who thinks this enhances her beauty needs glasses themselves.   Sorry.

Honored Contributor

The hosts wearing glasses doesn't bother me ... I've worn prescription glasses myself since the first grade, and I'm rather sensitive about comments about eyeglasses.

BUT .....  

My one concern about the hosts wearing those non-precription readers is what kind of harm are they doing to their eyes.  

Super Contributor

Balayage is not what she has. That coloring process (balayage) is all over coloring. What Courtney has is ombre coloring. Just to clear things up.

Respected Contributor

Millions of non prescription readers are sold and worn. My eye doctor recommended them when I needed readers. I have not heard of any harm caused. I don't care what the hosts do with their hair or what glasses they choose to wear. Those are personal choices we all make for ourselves.

Honored Contributor

@colover wrote:

Balayage is not what she has. That coloring process (balayage) is all over coloring. What Courtney has is ombre coloring. Just to clear things up.

@colover, Courtney herself posted a photo and said it was balayage.  It looks more ombre to me though. 

Respected Contributor

@Lipstickdiva wrote:

Shawn's are readers that she needs. She was selling some the other night and said she needs the 1.5 magnification.

Many companies make readers that have zero magnification.  People wear them as a fashion statement.

If you don't have to wear readers, count your blessings and don't complain about people taking them on and off. That's how it is with readers and it bugs me more to have to do it than it bugs anyone else seeing someone do it.  

I had perfect vision all my life until I needed reading glasses.  You do have to take them on and off.  Or look above them (which I hate to do!) for any distance.  I cannot read much of anything now without them (unless it's large print).

I guess it could be a bit distracting with someone that is talking at or to you, such as on television.  But I understand the reading glasses thing.

Hyacinth

Respected Contributor

@guuuus wrote:

They are LOGO reading glasses . I have them and love them and it's the in style right now.She needs them to read the cards . It's amazing how easy viewers get annoyed about hosts stuff .

@guuuus 

She wears them alot when she's NOT reading the cards!

Trusted Contributor

@seaBreeze wrote:

Poor Kourtney looks like Mr. Magoo.   

I am assuming these are "readers" and will be presented in a future show.  Certainly, no one seriously thinks they look sophisticated in these oversized specs.  

@seaBreeze Lol! Didn’t you know the Magoo look is “on trend” and “fashion forward” this season? Hehhhhh!! I haven’t thought about that cartoon in years. It was hysterical!