Honored Contributor

Re: First the hair, now glasses

[ Edited ]

There was absolutely NO condemnation, just my opinion that knocking down other women's looks is just plain sad.

Frequent Contributor

Large eyeglass lenses are on trend.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Trinity11 wrote:

@handygal2 wrote:

@RespectLife wrote:

It is so sad to see such nasty, petty comments about other women!

Picking on their glasses, nit picking on their hair color, criticizing their makeup...good heavens!

Over a year ago, I did the Ombre design to my hair.  3/4 way down blonde, like Kortney.  I have had more compliments and fun with it!  It is ONLY hair!  I'd hate to see what ya'll would write about me behind the anonymity of your keyboard.

I agree with @Pook 

I am interested in the item and do not spend my time scratching away at how other women dress and look.

@RespectLife : I, for one, did not intend to be either nasty or petty. I was simply expressing an opinion of how the powers-that-be are using tactics to attempt to increase sales, and that it’s not working for me, or— l suspect— many other viewers either.

I agree with you @handygal2 . I also wonder how condemnation of anyone who gives an opinion other than the Pollyanna verbage of some posters here is really any better than what we are being accused of. Instead of a critique of the show hosts they give one of us. Oh the irony!

I know I wouldn't have posted if this was not posted so there is a huge difference!!!  OP's post, while not rude was off base about the glasses that were being sold were worn.  Many who post things like that often do it to bring out the nastier comments while remaining innocent though.  There is a huge difference in saying you don't like a look but saying things like they look crosseyed, look like Mr Magoo, saying hosts are forced to look a certain way, cloning them to have half brunette half blonde hair and calling them into hucksters,  they are like sheep and follow whoever is in the lead---most times they look ridiculous while tryig so hard to look---cool----baaaaaa----- are statements that are really rude, nand can hardly be called merely critiques!! 

Super Contributor

They are trying to sell us products but if what the hosts are doing, wearing, or saying is distracting or annoying, people can't focus on the product or will turn the channel. So, QVC SHOULD pay attention to what hosts or vendors are doing that is taking the focus off the products.  Irritating mannerisms,  repetitive speech patterns, dancing, constantly moving about, weird hair or clothing, and too much makeup are some of the distracting and annoying things I see. 

Honored Contributor

@chessylady wrote:

This summer most of the female hosts dyed all or part of their hair blond. Now it appears that glasses are the next thing. Shawn has been wearing crazy glasses for awhile. Now on PM Style, Kourtney is wearing oversize glasses like we wore in the 80s. No idea if either are wearing corrective lens. Some of the models are also wearing clear lens glasses. Is it to make them look "smart" which is what we used to say back in the day. Or are they becoming QVC " influencers?

@chessylady 

You are right, they are not only readers, but now a fashion statement since they also offer magnification ZERO-----SMH!!!  Personally I prefer the Hummingbird readers---the lens are good quality and you get 5 pair for what it costs for almost one of these Prive Revaux---must be the higher cost has to do with the celebrity angle....BTW mentioning any celebrity is a NO SALE for me and makes me change the channel......It looks like the 80's are back for these hosts...

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Respected Contributor

Just because something is the “latest trend” doesn’t mean that they look good on you.I don’t care if the glasses are the “latest trend” they look ridiculous, they especially look ridiculous because of their size, and if the correction is significant they make your eyes look even creepier.  

Regular Contributor

I always wonder how much is dictated from the powers that be about accessorizing, changing hair color, etc.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I love the large frames on which the arms are more in the middle of the frame than at the top.

I wish they would come back big time.  Today's glasses just don't look good to me. 

But then, that's why there should be choices.

The glasses she wore don't look like any Logo or Prive Reveaux readers here.  Are they posted yet? 

Hers had a slim frame and arms.  And from what I could see, the arms were attached more toward the center of the frame than at the top.  

[was Homegirl] Love to be home . . . thus the screen name. Joined 2003.
Honored Contributor

@GingerPeach wrote:

I love the large frames on which the arms are more in the middle of the frame than at the top.

I wish they would come back big time.  Today's glasses just don't look good to me. 

But then, that's why there should be choices.

The glasses she wore don't look like any Logo or Prive Reveaux readers here.  Are they posted yet? 

Hers had a slim frame and arms.  And from what I could see, the arms were attached more toward the center of the frame than at the top.  

@GingerPeach 

Here's from items on air from the show A352730

all Prive Revaux glasses are attached at the top 

https://www.qvc.com/fashion/accessories/readers/prive-revaux/_/N-17nsvZ1z12m1m/c.html?limit=96&ro=17...

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Trusted Contributor

@handygal2 wrote:

Re: the current trend of black hair on top and blond hair on bottom, (such as Courtney K.), would the person be considered a blonde or a brunette?? Just wondering... Woman Surprised

Actually, she’d be called chic!  The style is called Balayage The perfect colouring begins with the original root colour and melds seamlessly  into honey or platinum blond at the ends.  Hers is perfection.  The enormous amount of time and money required to achieve the perfect Balayage were well spent.  Her peers must be green with envy.

Ridicule is like pointing a finger, there are always three pointing back at you.