Highlighted
Respected Contributor

Fire damages QVC distribution center in NC

Fire damages QVC distribution center in North Carolina

Sat, December 18, 2021, 12:06 PM

ROCKY MOUNT, N.C. (AP) — A fire ripped through a distribution center in North Carolina for the QVC home-shopping television network early Saturday, causing extensive damage to the facility, officials said.

Nearly 30 fire departments responded to the fire at the company’s facility near Rocky Mount, The News & Observer reported.

No injuries were immediately reported. All of the center's employees appeared to be accounted for, according to Edgecombe County Manager Eric Evans.

“There were employees on scene at the time that it started,” Evans told reporters. “They'll be able to make a full assessment once they're able to get further into the building.”

Evans said a “main section” of the 1.2 million-square-foot (365,000-square-meter) facility appears to be destroyed.

“They're working very hard to try to protect the remainder of that building,” Evans said. “Significant loss, but we're very hopeful that it's not a total loss and that they'll be able to rebuild here.”

The cause of the fire remained under investigation, according to Evans.

QVC tweeted a statement about the fire on Saturday, saying, “We are currently focused on our team. As we work to understand the full impact of this incident, including any impact to shipping and delivery, we’ll share further details."

QVC. Inc. is based in West Chester, Pennsylvania, and is a wholly owned subsidiary of Qurate Retail Inc. The Rocky Mount Area Chamber of Commerce posted a Facebook message that said up to 2,500 families would be affected by the fire.

Respected Contributor

Re: Fire damages QVC distribution center in NC

See thread No LIVE Programming on QVC2 Today? 12/18/21 - Blogs & Forums about the fire's impact on programming.

Honored Contributor

@banned again    You're late to the party.  This has been discussed all day.  Read on.... 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Respected Contributor

You'd think QVC would put something on the Home Page....but that's not really important...

MORE bad, depressing news ...I hope no one was hurt, and now think of ANOTHER large group of people who's livelihood is affected...not only the warehouse, but surrounding businesses that depend on thier patronage ( Says 2500 families affected....).

I come to QVC site to escape the non stop bad news and depressing news and just plain horrible news....and now this...

Not religious person, but I am thinking about them. 

I sure hope it wasn't arson.

Esteemed Contributor

There is something at the top of the home page (not the top of the forum page).

Honored Contributor

@Sammycat1 wrote:

There is something at the top of the home page (not the top of the forum page).

@Sammycat1  Yes it is:

"We're looking into the impact of a fire at our QVC warehouse."

"We're currently focused on our team. Starting today, we can't guarantee that orders placed will arrive by 12/25. As we work to understand the full impact of this incident, we'll share further details. Thank you for your patience."

Honored Contributor

Rachel read something where they promised transparency in all aspects od the situation.  Well, that'll be a first.  They've never been transparent about anything.  Call me doubtful. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment