Respected Contributor

Finding Kenneth J. Lane / Nolan Miller et al

I found an old/cute floral hat box with jewelry from Kenneth J. Lane, Nolan Miller, Kirks Folly etc....

I'm sure I got the floral hat box from the Q too... Nolan's I have 2 identical rhinestone chokers...he and Mark would do such beautiful shows....the gowns and such. Ann was a model then too....and still looks great.

I never wore them. Why on earth did I buy them, lol.... I think it used to be my 'mind set' of IF ONLY I had that......then I'll feel and look great and my life will be great... 

A hat box of jewelry is what I have now.. and they don't keep very good company, lol.... Decided it's time to toss. Life goes on.

-Do Not Copy Pls-
Super Contributor

Re: Finding Kenneth J. Lane / Nolan Miller et al

When we downsized from a house to a co-op apartment,  I sold,donated and tossed a large amount of clothes, shoes, AND JEWELRY (a lot from qvc!)

Suprisingly, I have never regretted doing this or missed a single item!!!

I do wish I had known that my granddaughter (2 at the time of the move) would become a jewelry lover so soon.  Whenever she visits, the first request is to look through my jewelry!  btw I keep my boxed jewelry in a hat box also.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

my bff died last year....her husband is still finding Q stuff he never knew she had....he recently told me he found a hoard of marie osmond dolls!   he told me a funny story about trying to pay off easy pays....he had no idea what an easy pay was....i miss her everyday....

Respected Contributor

I loved their beautiful costume jewelry and wore it all the time, especially when I was working. Now that I’m retired, I don’t have as many opportunities to wear those pieces, but I do whenever possible. I also got some great quirky pieces from Lunch at the Ritz 2 Go. 

Respected Contributor

Does anyone remember a dress that Ann wore? It was long/sleek to the ground gown and black and had real pieces of blue turquoise draping down 1 side.... Mark designed it....I never forgot it...I maybe thought one day I'd take a drive there and have a fitting.....the contrast was so elegant. Wonder how Mark is.... 

I enjoyed reading all the replies...bittersweet.

-Do Not Copy Pls-
Respected Contributor

@cbrite  I sometimes see Mark on Say Yes to the Dress. His bridal gowns are exquisite. He custom designed Courtney Cason’s (QVC host) wedding gown when she got married a few years ago.

Respected Contributor

no.  please don't toss the nolan jewelry which may become collector's valuable items in the future.  nolan's products are first class, well made.  Not likely to find their match today.

Honored Contributor

Remember when Nolan Miller gave Mary Beth Roe that beautiful deep red velvet dress?  She was over the moon about it.  I loved seeing them both present his jewelry.

Respected Contributor

@tobes I have no family to pass it on.... I have 2 of these... original box/pouch::

NOLAN 1.jpg

-Do Not Copy Pls-
Respected Contributor

Wish you could post a photo of your box. ❤️ Remembering Nolan Miller. I have two large cuffs from Nolan Miller. Don’t wear often but will never get rid of them. Also like select Kirks Folly, really enjoy looking at all of my wind chimes. Unfortunately, the quality of KF offered now is not like it use to be. Thanks for the memories!