Respected Contributor

Re: Finally really losing interest in QVC

[ Edited ]

I think a lot of us bought because we enjoyed watching the live shows and liked the host. 

That isn't the case anymore!

Now we are forced to watch 2 hosts if we want to watch a show and that is such a turnoff for me. 

I'll check on my laptop and see who is presenting and then turn it off. 

They don't seem to care what we want.

Remember when we were so excited for Fashion night with Lisa Robertson at the time. I never missed that show!

Respected Contributor

@luvmyteddy4  I think you are right. I buy more when I turn on the show rather than check the website. Last night I was watching a movie, when the commercial came on I switched to QVC. In those 2 minutes I purchased two pair of jeans. If I did not turn to QVC I would never have purchased those items. During the week I will not put QVC on during the evening hours. I do not care how many commercials I have to endure there is one host I will not watch even for a minute.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

The Q is losing their ability to compete with amazon and other big box stores IMHO.

Unless you don't have a few decent stores around you, I see less reason to shop the Q. Cat Sad

Trusted Contributor

I have really cut back on purchasing because I found that I was returning half of what I ordered because the item was lacking in quality and return expenses really add up. However, now I don't even watch much because of the silliness  and shouting over each other of so many of the hosts. Don't even get me started on Kourtney and Jayne!! Jayne is just "over the top" ALL the time. 

Dogs are God's most perfect creatures. Angels here on earth to teach us to be better humans.
Respected Contributor

Courtney and Jane.

Contributor

"Jayne" is Jayne brown. "Jane" is Jane Treacy. Please don't confuse the two. 

Respected Contributor

@Janey2 wrote:

@luvmyteddy4  I think you are right. I buy more when I turn on the show rather than check the website. Last night I was watching a movie, when the commercial came on I switched to QVC. In those 2 minutes I purchased two pair of jeans. If I did not turn to QVC I would never have purchased those items. During the week I will not put QVC on during the evening hours. I do not care how many commercials I have to endure there is one host I will not watch even for a minute.

The only thing I check are the lunchtime specials. I bought 2 items today b/c of free shipping.

Trusted Contributor

I feel the same, but for me, it has nothing to do with coupons or any amount of percentage off. I have spent untolds amount of money with this company and I haven't seen a coupon yet. 

It's 100% the off the rails behavior of the hosts and sometimes vendors. Male or female, I don't care to hear about their spouse or other family members. 

SK isn't happy unless she is grilling vendors about their personal lives. Many don't take the bait, but unfortunately some fall into the trap. 

Respected Contributor

Re: MacyRe: Finally really losing interest in QVC

@kaydee50 wrote:

@Commoner Exec Mr Wilkes wrote:

Macy's is my premier online shopping experience!

The tiered rewards program is terrific.

QVC will be announcing a "loyalty" program,  so we'll see how it compares to those of its competitors. 

Me too!  Would be seriously depressed if Macy's ever went out of business.  Would not miss QVC!!

Macys is struggling almost as much as QVC.  The days of glamorous department store shopping in the 1960s and 70s are long gone. Sadly the internet ruined the shopping experience. I enjoy the tactile nature of shopping and chit chatting with the sales ladies.

Respected Contributor

Finally really losing interest in QVC

[ Edited ]

Macy's performance is hardly comparable to that of Qurate.

Macy's Inc: Total Sales Revenue 2022 vs 2021:  Essentially Flat

Qurate:  Total Sales Revenue 2022 vs 2021:  Down 14%