Esteemed Contributor

Finally a great Host with Jose Maran

[ Edited ]

Thank you for finally putting a Host with great skin with Jose.  Sandra on tonight with Jose.   I can't wait!

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Finally a great Host with Jose Maran

@BalletBabe    Sandra is notorious for interrupting people,   In fact, it is becoming an epidemic with most of the hosts interrupting.   And the constant interruption to give updates that items are selling out in my opinion, most of the time, is a ploy to get you to hurry up and buy.  

JT and CK are the worst together without a doubt.  They are unwatchable.  

Honored Contributor

As irritating as it might be, giving the stats sells --  and it works not just at QVC.   Think of the millions of rolls of TP stacked in many homes -  what got so many shoppers to buy a 2 year supply?   I say numbers --  I doubt the psychology on that has changed much over the years--  persuade people they might miss out or run out and they buy more to belong to the group that has.  

Honored Contributor

Maran is somewhat of a fixture. I guess I'm wondering what she or any host can say that hasn't already been said about her line... As for Sandra, she's been around for a while and is capable, but I've never found her compelling...

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

I read years ago that the hosts have a screen in front of them tracking orders in real time.  They know what pumps sales and transmitting a sense of urgency obviously works.

Honored Contributor

@BalletBabe wrote:

Thank you for finally putting a Host with great skin with Jose.  Sandra on tonight with Jose.   I can't wait!

??????????

I don't understand why a Host has to have great skin to work with Jose?

Wouldn't we want to see what a host with imperfections looks like using her line?

Those with obvious wrinkles using her products to make the lines disappear?

Esteemed Contributor

@Teddixat wrote:

@BalletBabe    Sandra is notorious for interrupting people,   In fact, it is becoming an epidemic with most of the hosts interrupting.   And the constant interruption to give updates that items are selling out in my opinion, most of the time, is a ploy to get you to hurry up and buy.  

JT and CK are the worst together without a doubt.  They are unwatchable.  

@Teddixat I agree with you about JT and CK.  I know Sandra interrupts but they all do.   JT has been hosting with Jose for awhile and I can't watch when she is the Host.  Sandra has beautiful skin and looks young for her age.  I just feel she is better suited to see with Jose then JT.   I love Jose products and I won't watch when JT is the Host.    I do like Ck a lot as a Host, and they need to let her Host alone.   

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@RespectLife wrote:

@BalletBabe wrote:

??????????

I don't understand why a Host has to have great skin to work with Jose?

Wouldn't we want to see what a host with imperfections looks like using her line?

Those with obvious wrinkles using her products to make the lines disappear?

@RespectLife   You can't make wrinkles disappear.  You can only soften them.  JT has been hosting with Jose for awhile now and I can't watch her.  I tend to buy when I see a Host with great skin.  When someone is slathering their skin with tons of product and look worse then before they put it on, or they are busy talking about their Kids and Disney and not the product, I don't watch.  I don't buy when I don't watch.  

Honored Contributor

@BalletBabe 

Oh I know, at best we can soften and dimish wrinkles....

I still don't see why a host has to have great skin to host with Jose....Then no hosts except those with beautiful skin/eyes/hair should do ANY of the beauty shows.

I have never based my purchase on the quality of the hosts skin.

I do now understand why you want a diff host though....but I don't think Sandra is much of an upgrade!  While she isn't NON-STOP pimping Disney...she does interupt HORRIBLY.  She is quite beautiful but her interactions with vendors is a no for me.

While other hosts don't have the lovely skin that Sandra does, there are WAY more better suited to do the show IMHO.

Respected Contributor

Sandra interrupts constantly. She is the worse!! She'll ask a question and just as the vendor is trying to answer, she'll interrupt. Drives me bananas.