Esteemed Contributor

Re: Female hosts should be embraced regardless of hair color just as male hosts are.

@wildcat fan wrote:

There are a couple of Q hosts I'm not going to "embrace" and their hair has nothing to do with my feelings about that.

--------------

Exactly!!!!  Poor presentations skills far outweigh hosts' looks!!! 

I am watching less and less QVC because of the appalling behavior of some hosts.

Honored Contributor

Re: Female hosts should be embraced regardless of hair color just as male hosts are.

@EverettBarb wrote:

Women are under pressure to color their hair, men not so much. I stopped coloring my hair in my 50s when the grey roots started showing after 2 weeks. I'm glad I did. I hope we continue to appreciate everyone including QVC hosts as we all age. Grey/Gray is beautiful!

@EverettBarb And NOT GRAY is beautiful as well.

Honored Contributor

Here we go again: It's the monthly battle between going gray or not going gray. Interesting that no one ever wins the debate.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Regular Contributor

Doesn't seem the majority of female hosts are around long

enough to go gray........

Occasional Contributor

Probably not...just testing the water.

Occasional Contributor

I decided to go  grey when I became a certified YMCA group exercise instructor. Boomer instructors were pretty much all going natural. We have to meet the same physical teaching requirements as the 20 year olds. I did it for 2 disciplines with arthritis and one total knee replacement. 

Occasional Contributor

Wow.....folks are really angry about something. Forget I asked the question. No wonder QVC deleted so many posts.

Occasional Contributor

Idle curiosity. 

Honored Contributor

@Suziepeach wrote:

Why are women under pressure to color their hair?  I haven't seen anything that would indicate that.  

It's part of society's expectation for women to look younger and prettier.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

It's true you rarely see newscasters or TV actresses embracing their gray strands. Youth is pushed on us all day long. I watched a Perry Mason episode from the late 1950's and Ellen Corby (Grandma Walton) was credited as 'old lady'  - when looked her up, she wasn't even 50 when she played that part (born 1911 and filmed in 1959).