Contributor

Re: Felt sorry for Susan Graver last night

At least Susan can’t walk around, fidget, twirl and “fix” the models from home. Now we just have to tolerate her talking a hundred miles an hour, interrupt the host and repeat her pointless script that she believes applies to every one of her items. Can’t watch her and will no longer buy from her.
Regular Contributor

I'm very happy when the hosts rein in Susan G. Her constant chatter is obnoxious and annoying. Frankly I'm surprised someone hasn't flipped the switch on her audio. Problem solved!
Trusted Contributor

@QVCkitty1 wrote:

@just wonder wrote:

Did anyone else notice when Susan Graver tried to start explaining in detail the colors/prints in her tsv she was quickly talked over and shushed and the colors/prints NEVER got fully shown or explained?  I gave up and went to bed knowing PJD would do an outstanding job this morning, which she did, as did Rachelle B. in the AM Style before Susan's morning show.  I thought the TSV kick off was terrible; just a bunch of yacking and no real talk about each individual color(s) etc.  I sure wish the hosts would understanding that we need/want to see more of the individual products when there are multiple offerings, and a good description and close up of each colorway, instead of talking about say the detail at the neckline that would look good with so many people zooming etc. these days.   Susan always does such a great job of talking about all the vatrious colors in her prints, what to wear them with etc., but not last night - she did not get a chance.

Well that's a first, Susan usually talks over the host when they are trying to give details. Susan seems like a nice lady, but face it , she's a motormouth. 😆

Everyone's perception is different, I watched the show and to ME....it was SUSAN who would not allow Jennifer to tell the colors left, color names, sizes....she just kept talking at the SAME time so I could not hear either voice clearly.  

I just turned to another channel, i don't need to buy anymore items anyway!!

Happiness is ALWAYS an inside job,
Don't assign anyone else that much POWER
in your life!!!
Honored Contributor

I have quite a few SG tops that I wore to work before I retired. They were easy-care and still look like new. Last summer I bought one that was a palm print and love it. I now wear the tops to church and going out ( whenever that happens again)...but the liquid knit is a killer in the summer...feels like Saran Wrap....I know longer watch QVC but can’t imagine anyone out talking SG. Her styles are no longer appealing to me...too many ruffles, peblums, tiers, etc.
Highlighted
Respected Contributor

@corita 

I agree with you.

I'd rather stick a pin in my eyes, than watch her shows. Her moth to light frenetic buzz is too much for me, migraine inducing.

Contributor

Ir's the VENDORS' business, and they are paying for air time.....not the Host.....The Hosts are there to guide the presentation, by taking the cue from the vendor, and assisting them in highlighting their product.  .  Amy was obnoxious !  She's getting to the point where she thinks she's quite important.  Hate to tell her, but there are many very professional  Hosts on QVC. She's losing the approach  that made her appealling.    

Respected Contributor

@queen75 wrote:

As I have said before you hear Susan once that is all you need to do.  She repeats her "shtick" over and over and over again..

The fabric doesn't grab

Women tell me how much they like the fabric

Etc. Etc. Etc.

And don't forget if you spill something, just a little soap and water will whisk it away.  Sure!

~The only difference between this place and the Titanic is that the Titanic had a band.~
Honored Contributor

I did not see all of the shows..........

Looking back, I recall that I wished that, at the times I viewed the presentations,  the prints should have/could have  been hung in front of the solids. 

I recall wanting to see more of the prints up front; solids behind each print option.

All in all, nice prints; I especially liked the Paisley.

'More or less', 'Right or wrong', 'In general', and 'Just thinking out loud ' (as usual).
Valued Contributor

@grandchildren9 wrote:

Ir's the VENDORS' business, and they are paying for air time.....not the Host.....The Hosts are there to guide the presentation, by taking the cue from the vendor, and assisting them in highlighting their product.  .  Amy was obnoxious !  She's getting to the point where she thinks she's quite important.  Hate to tell her, but there are many very professional  Hosts on QVC. She's losing the approach  that made her appealling.    

@grandchildren9 

Actually this is not vendor business, but QVC. And vendor don't buy air time, all vendors have contract with QVC. Also QVC decided about the price for each item.

Host the one who responsible for show and how to move merchandise. It's host responsibility to talk on time, to move on time and so on. Also producer talk  to host thru small microphone and directs her.

Esteemed Contributor

@MoonieBaby wrote:

@corita 

I agree with you.

I'd rather stick a pin in my eyes, than watch her shows. Her moth to light frenetic buzz is too much for me, migraine inducing.

---------------

I do not understand why the managers and/or 

directors don't just cut her off or at least get it clear with her -- while the host is talking, you don't talk - no talking over nor mumbling!! 

I want to hear what Susan has to say about her product, but she has to allow the host to do her job!!!!  There is a definite strategy to co-hosting; have done it many times. 

I know SG sells, but I am thinking her sales would be much higher if she didn't turn off so many potential viewers!!!  Am sure that she is a sweet, decent, loving lady, but her on air vendor tactics need a redo!!