Honored Contributor

Re: Felt sorry for Susan Graver last night

I agree that Amy did a good job, I've often thought if I were a host paired with Susan, I would need a stiff drink after the show. 😆

@Imaoldhippie wrote:

First of all I like Susan but she will talk on and on hardly taking a breath or letting anyone else get a word in edge wise.  A year or more ago she was out of control and IMO the Q had to have the hosts rein her in.  From what I saw last pm Susan was rambling on and on and Amy did a good job of reining her in and getting control.

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Super Contributor

Feel sorry for Susan? Save it!  She's had steady employment with QVC for 34 years!!! Who has that anymore? She's working during the virus shutdown. Save your compassion for those that need it. 

Respected Contributor

I looked at the program guide and 😲 Outta here. 

-Do Not Copy Pls-
Honored Contributor

I am convinced that Susan can't help the way she interacts when presenting her clothing.  I am sure she's been told to stop the unnecessary commentary but if she hasn't been talked to regarding this, then she sure should be.  I used to be an avid Susan Graver fan, seriously back in the 90's especially.  After poor fitting clothing, cheaper polyester no longer resembling her successful lines and the constant chatter, dancing, prancing and singing I stopped watching her and totally stopped buying her clothing.  And yes, I'm sure she's a wonderful woman but I can't take the unwillingness or inability to curb her impulses while on camara.  It's as simple as that, and this is from a very long time buyer of SG.

*~"Never eat more than you can lift......" Miss Piggy~*
Honored Contributor

I've heard several hosts say there is a delay with Skype so Amy should have known about it too and planned for it when she was conversing with Susan.......Susan likes to talk, and Amy is an attention seeking host---Not a good combination at all!!! 

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

I watched the first ten minutes.  Amy explained the top color choices, neck line and hardware colors.  She had to be the one doing it as the tops were there with her.  I thought she did a thorough job.  Susan didn't appear to be having an issue getting a word in.

Regular Contributor

As I have said before you hear Susan once that is all you need to do.  She repeats her "shtick" over and over and over again..

The fabric doesn't grab

Women tell me how much they like the fabric

Etc. Etc. Etc.

Valued Contributor

Amy did a good job yesterday,she is a pro.

Valued Contributor

Pat knows how to handle her pretty well, and once I saw her with Leah, Leah took control and Susan had to take a backseat, it was great.

Valued Contributor

The only way to get a word in edgewise is to talk over her. Even then she keeps talking for many seconds after the host tries to take back control.

This is exacerbated by Skype and a transmission delay. I always find the issue to be on Susan’s side, not the hosts...including last night’s tsv debut.