Valued Contributor

Felt sorry for Susan Graver last night

Did anyone else notice when Susan Graver tried to start explaining in detail the colors/prints in her tsv she was quickly talked over and shushed and the colors/prints NEVER got fully shown or explained?  I gave up and went to bed knowing PJD would do an outstanding job this morning, which she did, as did Rachelle B. in the AM Style before Susan's morning show.  I thought the TSV kick off was terrible; just a bunch of yacking and no real talk about each individual color(s) etc.  I sure wish the hosts would understanding that we need/want to see more of the individual products when there are multiple offerings, and a good description and close up of each colorway, instead of talking about say the detail at the neckline that would look good with so many people zooming etc. these days.   Susan always does such a great job of talking about all the vatrious colors in her prints, what to wear them with etc., but not last night - she did not get a chance.

Respected Contributor

Re: Felt sorry for Susan Graver last night

Susan has the same script for every item she sells. I could list them, but I'm sure everyone knows them & they don't need repeated.

Honored Contributor

Susan Graver would be all new to me.  I bought a tiered sleeveless dress recently and love it.  I have a jacket of hers, but that's about it.

So it would all be new to me. 

Esteemed Contributor

Susan's 'talking' is one of the reason I don't watch her shows anymore.  She interrupts, talks over and mumbles while the host is speaking!!  The only host I have seen get her in line is Jayne!!!  Love Pat D, but she allows Susan to interrupt all the time...rarely gets through the item colors demo!!

Honored Contributor

@just wonder wrote:

Did anyone else notice when Susan Graver tried to start explaining in detail the colors/prints in her tsv she was quickly talked over and shushed and the colors/prints NEVER got fully shown or explained?  I gave up and went to bed knowing PJD would do an outstanding job this morning, which she did, as did Rachelle B. in the AM Style before Susan's morning show.  I thought the TSV kick off was terrible; just a bunch of yacking and no real talk about each individual color(s) etc.  I sure wish the hosts would understanding that we need/want to see more of the individual products when there are multiple offerings, and a good description and close up of each colorway, instead of talking about say the detail at the neckline that would look good with so many people zooming etc. these days.   Susan always does such a great job of talking about all the vatrious colors in her prints, what to wear them with etc., but not last night - she did not get a chance.

Well that's a first, Susan usually talks over the host when they are trying to give details. Susan seems like a nice lady, but face it , she's a motormouth. 😆

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Honored Contributor

@just wonder 

That was weird last night - couldn't figure out what was going on - so I turned it off and went to bed.

Honored Contributor

I sometimes wonder if the video/audio connection between host in studio and product rep at home isn't quite right, like there is a time delay, when they're takling simultaneously.

Susan was interesting this morning with PJD.  She stood at the base of a staircase while speaking with Pat.  Interesting view - something different!

Honored Contributor

First of all I like Susan but she will talk on and on hardly taking a breath or letting anyone else get a word in edge wise.  A year or more ago she was out of control and IMO the Q had to have the hosts rein her in.  From what I saw last pm Susan was rambling on and on and Amy did a good job of reining her in and getting control.

BE THE PERSON YOUR DOG THINKS YOU ARE! (unknown)
Respected Contributor

I agree, Imaoldhippie. The problem seemed to be a vendor not allowing the host to do her job. A common condition that existed long before remote exchanges. Stop the babbling. 

Esteemed Contributor

I felt sorry for Amy last night trying to keep the show on target.  I tuned in to see TSV and it was like watching a train wreak you can't look away from but I did! I will not start a firestorm by critiquing her line but I can't watch or listen to her antics. And I certainly am not wearing polyester in the Texas heat no matter the designer.