Honored Contributor

The issue with Felt is I hope there aren't people who think her clothes are made of felt.  LOL

===================================
QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN
Honored Contributor

@VaBelle35 wrote:

The issue with Felt is I hope there aren't people who think her clothes are made of felt.  LOL

@VaBelle35: The naughty boys in school used to ask us girls, "Can this be felt?" They were referring to our clothing, but we knew what they really meant. Lol.

~~Be careful when you follow the masses. Sometimes the 'm' is silent.~~
Respected Contributor

Jill Martin isn't her real name either.

I remember Laurie Feltheimer on HSN.

Hyacinth

Honored Contributor

@hyacinth003 wrote:

Jill Martin isn't her real name either.

I remember Laurie Feltheimer on HSN.

Hyacinth

Jill Martin was born as Jill Sondra Dorfman but she's married to Kevin Martin.  Isn't that how she became Jill Martin?

If so, I wouldn't say that's not her real name.  Or is there some other story.

Esteemed Contributor

I'm sure she wanted something shorter on the label and also maybe not her husband's very recognizable name.  

Honored Contributor

Re: Felt or Feltheimer?

[ Edited ]

@Lipstickdiva  Jill Martin was never married to Kevin Martin.  He is married to a woman named Jill Arnold, who is now Jill Martin (completely different woman). 

Yes, Jill Martin (GILI) was born Jill Sondra Dorfman.  She's not married.

Honored Contributor

There is a long and what I think sad  history in this country of people changing their "ethnic"-sounding surnames. My great-grandfather, as the story goes, did so at Ellis Island.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Valued Contributor

Re: Felt or Feltheimer?

[ Edited ]

I have no real logical reason, but this bugs me a lot. Ralph Lauren changed his name in the beginning and I find it so odd that she would change her last name mid-career when her husband, who is obviously extrememly sucessful, has no problem with using his real name (and they do like to throw that name around). I don't even like the sound of Lauire Felt. If she had a nice middle name and used that, it may of rolled off the tongue better. Anyway, glad I got that off my chest. LOL

Honored Contributor

I  noticed that too, chopping her surname in half seems a bit bizarre.  

Trusted Contributor

I think to abbreviate her last name is not a big deal to distinguish her line on Qvc. Originally called Hot in Hollywood apparently didn't go over big with qvc customers.Many people in real life also abbreviate their last name because it's just easier.