Reply
Honored Contributor
Posts: 37,883
Registered: ‎06-11-2011

Re: Feds Investigating Rocky Mount Fire


@BlueFinch wrote:

@Pearlee  Yes, speculation is forming a theory without firm evidence. But, this is exactly how the speculated theories eventually evolve to --- yes, the answer.

 

Again, it's a process that takes place with every case under investigation. Unless the case is crystal clear, it starts with speculation and builds upon it.

 

I've witnessed this myself with some legal cases. When investigators are on a case, they take history from all involved and consider their theories, until solved. Everything is considered potentiality integral to finding --- the answer.  


@BlueFinch  Professionals' speculation is based on their training and the evidence they are seeing. The posters' speculation here is not and frankly comes off as know-it-all-ness when they don't know at all. Big difference. I'm done with this.

Highlighted
Respected Contributor
Posts: 3,458
Registered: ‎08-31-2019

Re: Feds Investigating Rocky Mount Fire


@Chi-town girl wrote:

@RollTide2008 wrote:
It’s distasteful to speculate when you have no real knowledge about it. It is not at all helpful for the old hens to gossip.

I agree @RollTide2008 - seems like a sport to some here to gossip, throw out innuendos, speculation on a variety of topics. And no doubt they find it to be a source of entertainment. Gross and repulsive 🤮 


@Chi-town girl Interestingly, you guys are disparaging other posters' character here. We're not doing that. You both appear to be having fun doing so. That's what's 'gross.' Very inappropriate behavior for adults. Differences should always be presented kindly and accepted.

 

It's shameful. Look at the negative words you're using to try to insult. To say we're being entertained by a tragedy is hateful. I never expected that from you, @Chi-town girl.  If the hen house is such a repulsive place, please do us the honor of finding another place to roost, or stop with the insults.

 

I rest my case and will no longer respond to any of these inappropriate posts. Those who like to stir the pot generally keep stirring. They have to have the last word. Be my guest.

Esteemed Contributor
Posts: 7,384
Registered: ‎03-11-2010

Re: Feds Investigating Rocky Mount Fire

Well this old hen knows this is a discussion board and not a news media outlet who is required to provide facts. I like to wait for facts to come out but I also like to speculate and since that isn't against the rules......

Wrong is still wrong just because you benefited from it.
Respected Contributor
Posts: 3,458
Registered: ‎08-31-2019

Re: Feds Investigating Rocky Mount Fire

@Pearlee I haven't seen a single person here declare that they know what happened. It's just been a social speculation chat about what might have happened based on other events that many of us followed. This is not the first tragic fire that us 'old hens' have seen, or know about. 

 

In fact, I watched my neighbors home burn down about four weeks ago. Thankfully everyone was okay, but the house is totaled. We don't know yet what caused the fire, so yes... there is neighborhood speculation and a keen desire to know because it was a frightening event. We seek closure from things like this, not entertainment.

Honored Contributor
Posts: 28,905
Registered: ‎03-27-2014

Re: Feds Investigating Rocky Mount Fire


@BlueFinch wrote:

@Chi-town girl wrote:

@RollTide2008 wrote:
It’s distasteful to speculate when you have no real knowledge about it. It is not at all helpful for the old hens to gossip.

I agree @RollTide2008 - seems like a sport to some here to gossip, throw out innuendos, speculation on a variety of topics. And no doubt they find it to be a source of entertainment. Gross and repulsive 🤮 


@Chi-town girl Interestingly, you guys are disparaging other posters' character here. We're not doing that. You both appear to be having fun doing so. That's what's 'gross.' Very inappropriate behavior for adults. Differences should always be presented kindly and accepted.

 

It's shameful. Look at the negative words you're using to try to insult. To say we're being entertained by a tragedy is hateful. I never expected that from you, @Chi-town girl.  If the hen house is such a repulsive place, please do us the honor of finding another place to roost, or stop with the insults.

 

I rest my case and will no longer respond to any of these inappropriate posts. Those who like to stir the pot generally keep stirring. They have to have the last word. Be my guest.


The shame is on you @BlueFinch And I don't need or want your "permission". You're highly defensive of what I consider distasteful behavior.


The hottest places in hell are reserved for those who, in times of great moral crisis, maintain their neutrality ~  Dante Alighieri
Trusted Contributor
Posts: 1,987
Registered: ‎05-13-2021

Re: Feds Investigating Rocky Mount Fire

I'll be around  to continue this discussion as more information becomes available. The two or three posters attempting everything to shut it down need to contact moderation if they feel there's some violation of rules 

Honored Contributor
Posts: 37,883
Registered: ‎06-11-2011

Re: Feds Investigating Rocky Mount Fire


@decaf wrote:

I'll be around  to continue this discussion as more information becomes available. The two or three posters attempting everything to shut it down need to contact moderation if they feel there's some violation of rules 


@decaf  The mods can see for themselves it's argumentative. 

Super Contributor
Posts: 254
Registered: ‎03-11-2010

Re: Feds Investigating Rocky Mount Fire

Per WRAL.com.    Sixty investigators are now combing for clues in a building the size of 30 football fields. It could take weeks. Five days after the blaze, there are still areas of this building that can not be reached because of all of the destruction.

Honored Contributor
Posts: 17,530
Registered: ‎06-17-2015

Re: Feds Investigating Rocky Mount Fire


@ugabugabooooo wrote:

Per WRAL.com.    Sixty investigators are now combing for clues in a building the size of 30 football fields. It could take weeks. Five days after the blaze, there are still areas of this building that can not be reached because of all of the destruction.


@ugabugabooooo   The massive destruction just in the pictures alone are awful.  I cannot imagine being up close to it in real life.

 

Keeping Kevon and his family in thought during this time and mourning that his precious baby will never know his father.

 

 

"" Compassion is a verb."-Thich Nhat Hanh
Esteemed Contributor
Posts: 7,097
Registered: ‎09-05-2014

Re: Feds Investigating Rocky Mount Fire

[ Edited ]

For the life of me, I can't figure out why a handful of posters think that this subject should be verboten.  There is questioning and speculation every single day on these Forums about a myriad of subjects.  No one indicated that they know exactly what happened.  I am at a loss to comprehend how this offends some.

 

As for the tragic and painful loss of life, every single comment has been thoughtful, compassionate and respectful.