Regular Contributor

What is the best product to use for a Faux tan? 

and how do you keep it from getting weird around your feet or ankles??

Honored Contributor

I think you will find it's a personal preference and one product does not work the same on all skin types or colors.  It's one of those things you have to try until you find one you like.

Respected Contributor

HSN sells Tan Towel it's easy to apply. You can also find it at Ulta.

Honored Contributor

I use Jergens light self tanning lotion. I don't want to look orange or like I have a fake tan. I just don't want my legs to glow in the dark because they're so white.

Respected Contributor

I use Jergens self tanning lotion for firming.  I use medium to dark.  I like it .  It doens't have a bad odor and it doesn't leave me with weird streaks of tan.  I have used it for years.  

Honored Contributor

@Bettyanne wrote:

What is the best product to use for a Faux tan? 

and how do you keep it from getting weird around your feet or ankles??

@Bettyanne @Whatever Kim Kardashian is using. Wish she'd tell. I know she sprays it on in her shower.

Trusted Contributor

You can buy Tan Towels at Kohl's as well, have used in the past.   I now prefer Jergens Natural Glow Daily Moisturizer, less expensive more for your money, dries quicker, no after smell.

Have purchased the St Tropez + Ashley Graham, although no after smell, does takes longer to dry and will stain clothing.  As previous posts have mentioned, you will need to experiment with the best that suits you.  Good luck!

Respected Contributor

I need suggestions for tanning products as well.  I'm white as a ghost so most I've tried look fake on me.  Was wondering about Josie's self-tanner as I've not tried that one.  Anyone have good results with it?

Respected Contributor

St Tropez is my favorite and has been for years. I find that using a good salt scrub before using it helps. I also put on a very, very light moisturizer around those areas that cause problems, ie, ankles, heels, etc. I don't use it all over, just on my legs. My arms seem to get enough sun working in the yard.  I use the foam and rub, rub, rub it in.

Trusted Contributor

I have tried Josie's and it doesn't really give me any color.  At least not enough for me to do the work of it and waiting the 8 hours for it to develop.   I love Coco & Eve!  I have olive skin tone so I get the ultra-dark.  It smells so good!   Tropical.  I also love Fake Bake.  Smells like coconuts.  Fake bake dries quicker, almost on contact.  Coco & Eve stays tacky for a bit but the color pay off [ for me]  is amazing!    I always put some lotion on my elbows, knee's, ankles and in-between my fingers and toes before applying.  I use a make up brush for my feet and hands and go lightly.   It seems to work for me.