Respected Contributor

Was doing something on my computer this morning, so I had QVC on in the background.  This was between midnight and 5am, very early morning.  All the hosts were the new hosts.  It seemed strange not to really "know" the hosts.

FIrst was named Courtney.  She is a bit nervous (understandable) but is doing very well.  Then a different one comes on at 2am (Mary Nelson?) and does the hot roller TSV.  It was like watching a commercial for Red Bull.  Wow, talk about never taking a breath.  I was very distracted by what I was doing online, so I don't know how well it was going.

Then there was jewelry with a very cute young lady with dark hair.  She has kind of a pixie voice and does a lot of talking.  I don't know if they are nervous or this is the way they are taught.  It kind of wears on you!  Should have changed the channel sooner.  If I wasn't doing something else, I would have changed it hours before I did.

Hyacinth

Respected Contributor

Re: Fast talking this morning

I expect a lot of talking from the hosts ... it would be odd to not have them say much of anything.  Midnight and 5 am is a long time to listen to something that wears on you.  I think I would have turned it off the minute I found it wearing me down.

Respected Contributor

@makena wrote:

I expect a lot of talking from the hosts ... it would be odd to not have them say much of anything.  Midnight and 5 am is a long time to listen to something that wears on you.  I think I would have turned it off the minute I found it wearing me down.

How sweet of you to care about my listening habits.

Hyacinth

Esteemed Contributor

I caught, I think her name is Courtney, slender/dark haired/exotic looking, for awhile earlier with a Judith Ripka rep and she was doing a fine job. Have seen her for brief periods prior as well as a few of the other newbies. All things considered, with the exception of one very young looking dark haired girl who still seems a big nervous and gets her words a bit confused at times, I think they're all doing a good job at what can't be easy when you're still green at it and know tons of people are watching and judging you.

Honored Contributor

@hyacinth003.  This is just an observation. I don't think I have ever seen a nice or happy post from you. 

Esteemed Contributor

@hyacinth003 wrote:

Was doing something on my computer this morning, so I had QVC on in the background.  This was between midnight and 5am, very early morning.  All the hosts were the new hosts.  It seemed strange not to really "know" the hosts.

FIrst was named Courtney.  She is a bit nervous (understandable) but is doing very well.  Then a different one comes on at 2am (Mary Nelson?) and does the hot roller TSV.  It was like watching a commercial for Red Bull.  Wow, talk about never taking a breath.  I was very distracted by what I was doing online, so I don't know how well it was going.

Then there was jewelry with a very cute young lady with dark hair.  She has kind of a pixie voice and does a lot of talking.  I don't know if they are nervous or this is the way they are taught.  It kind of wears on you!  Should have changed the channel sooner.  If I wasn't doing something else, I would have changed it hours before I did.

Hyacinth

"Pixie voice" is a very good description.......I think 2 of the new hosts have that type of voice....know I won't be watching the shows they host.....

Super Contributor

I am watching It Cosmetics right now with Amy.. she talks so fast . its getting on my nerves I had to turn it down.. they really need to tell her to calm down some .. it turns me off .. I like her personality but slow down

Honored Contributor

Oh come on now one can out fast talk.JRT....LOL!

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

This Alberto guy keeps repeating GORGEOUS GORGEOUS  GORGEOUS AND BEAUTI-FULLLLLLLLL  on everything he shows... it can be clothes makeup of jewelry..,.,.  I do not think he knows any other words.

OH WAIT... I am wrong...     The THIRD  word Alberto knows is WONDERFUL...  So,  everything is wonderful, Beautifull.... GORGEOUS!!!!!!!!!

I find him hard to listen to. And his presentation is so pushy and phony.

Valued Contributor

@SeaMaiden- ITA with you about Alberti, a lot of people love him, but I find him so phony!