Honored Contributor

Re: Fashion looking all the same?

ITA, slim pickins'!!! So tired of Isaac and BD...almost every day at least once. The tunics and acrylic fabrics or prints don't fit into my "likes" and enough w/ comfy, stay at home items. 

Honored Contributor

Agree--D&C looks like SG looks like IM, etc.  They all duplicate each other at somewhat different price points.  But QVC is in business to make money so they sell what's most popular.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Cassie1584  and all others 

All of you are so right!!!  Ive been saying that for a long time--- the clothes from the QVC designers ALL look the same---All the same style, same fabrics etc etc.....  It would be nice to see VARIETY---not everything has to have high/low hems, bold prints, ties that stick out in the crotch area,  and lots of polyester, then there's the same ole boyfriend shirts., and mostly 3/4 sleeves on everything and on my petite frame the 3/4 sleeves stick out at my elbow and look like a komino 🙄 Oh and the "overly comfy clothes" that resemble pajamas....SMH!!! VARIETY QVC VARIETY !!!

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@QVCkitty1 wrote:

Really, what do we expect ?  Imagine you are a talented designer and you come to QVC, exciting right ?  Well here are the rules , you have to use sketchy fabric, your " design " has to suit everyone from xxx small to 3,4,or 5x , the price point has to fit a certain range and you pretend to attract younger viewers, but your base is older women. JMO, but I think that's why everything looks the same, of course it does.

@QVCkitty1 

It doesnt have to be the same no matter what QVC's  demographic seems to be, after awhile how many of the same style does a person want!!!--you reach a saturation point!  

And if everything was hunky dory why is it at the financial press conferences do they keep saying that apparel is underperforming....something is NOT working, and you cant blame the pandemic because this has been occurring for some time way before the virus came on the scene. QVC used to have a nice variety and their revenues and sales were higher too....

I think QVC needs different advice from their buying team.,....or new buyers! 

And one more thing---I am NOT body shaming but the models all seem to be either XXS or curvy larger models....what about us in between...would be nice to see the clothes presented in different sizes by different models....even the petite models have been scarce even before the pandemic! Again, VARIETY!  I'm a medium petite and mediums are the forgotten size....Smiley Sad   If QVC wants to draw in different demographics and broaden their customer base thats what they need to do! 

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

@Spurt wrote:

@QVCkitty1 wrote:

Really, what do we expect ?  Imagine you are a talented designer and you come to QVC, exciting right ?  Well here are the rules , you have to use sketchy fabric, your " design " has to suit everyone from xxx small to 3,4,or 5x , the price point has to fit a certain range and you pretend to attract younger viewers, but your base is older women. JMO, but I think that's why everything looks the same, of course it does.

@QVCkitty1 

It doesnt have to be the same no matter what QVC's  demographic seems to be, after awhile how many of the same style does a person want!!!--you reach a saturation point!  

And if everything was hunky dory why is it at the financial press conferences do they keep saying that apparel is underperforming....something is NOT working, and you cant blame the pandemic because this has been occurring for some time way before the virus came on the scene. QVC used to have a nice variety and their revenues and sales were higher too....

I think QVC needs different advice from their buying team.,....or new buyers! 

And one more thing---I am NOT body shaming but the models all seem to be either XXS or curvy larger models....what about us in between...would be nice to see the clothes presented in different sizes by different models....even the petite models have been scarce even before the pandemic! Again, VARIETY!  Mediums are the forgotten size....Smiley Sad   If QVC wants to draw in different demographics and broaden their customer base thats what they need to do! 

@Spurt , I'm just saying variety must be hard to achieve when you have strict parameters. I hope they can figure something out, because I like shopping here.

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@QVCkitty1 wrote:

@Spurt , I'm just saying variety must be hard to achieve when you have strict parameters. I hope they can figure something out, because I like shopping here.

@QVCkitty1 

You make excellent points too---QVC is walking a tight rope they get a lot of sales in the 3X,4X,5X sizes and want to keep those sales coming in to continue to make a profit and as you said, a large part of their customer base seems to be the retired 60 on up age group, but at the same time they dont want to scare off a slightly younger demographic perhaps those established career women in their mid 40's either. And they also need to appeal to those that wear the sizes in between XXS and 3X to 5X too....

JMHO but I think their buyers are much to blame in requesting the same styles OVER AND OVER that sold well before and all QVC seems to do is just sticks a new designer's name on it--everyone wants some VARIETY!  And just because something is "on trend" that doesnt mean it will look good on their customer base---The millenial crowd doesnt exactly turn to QVC for fashion---they need to remember that! 

I used to buy quite a few clothes at QVC, but with their same ole styles, and looks I dont care for, plus pricing, sizing inconsistency, and decline in quality for some lines its now a rare occasion I buy fashion at QVC, and I want to keep QVC as a retail option....because other than clothes I do like brands in other categories that they offer and do like some things about QVC...

Honored Contributor

I'd like less what I call 'odd' hems, and cardigans with closures.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

And what I dont under stand even though the QVC designers say they dont just add or decrease the fabric they do an actual fitting with models of different sizes, but that doesnt mean that ALL THE SIZES will look good in the garment! And just because its the "Pantone Color Of The Year" doesnt mean it will look good on all skin tones---like yellow....some people look like they have jaundice!

For example one design had a "fake layered look"  it was a sweater top that had just a collar and hem of a boyfriend shirt sewn in rather than the whole shirt.......the problem was a curvy model was wearing the outfit....and that bright white bottom hem of that shirt drew your eyes to where the widest part of her hips were...so instead of camouflaging that area it drew attention to it....It looked great on the XXS and S models but not for the larger curvy model's size. Dont the stylist see this....and the way it looked isnt going to entice sales SMH!!! Match the CORRECT style with the body shape and figure! OR...design styles that look good on EVERY BODY TYPE! That may be more challenging but still doable, and still better on some models where you just sit there and shake your head since its not appealing at all!...

Contributor

You know what irks me the most just because something looks good on a slimmer body doesn't mean it going to look good on my bigger body. Maybe QVC should consider doing shows that is geared towards Plus size women hour, or things for those who are thinner, essientials hour (staple pieces), I mean variety. Giving an hour for plus size women is not a bad thing or those who are smaller sizes. (Make sure models are those sizes so that we can see how it looks) If they need ideas I can provide them plenty of them because these endless clothing hours that do not serve a purpose is nerve racking. Even though I am talking about clothes in this thread no different than with other departments. TSV needs to also be shorten to 20 to min not hour or most of the hour either. Err

Respected Contributor

@Cassie1584 I like your idea of an hour or hours devoted to different "sizes" (for lack of a better word) or size ranges of women.  Would be a fresh focus for presentation for all sizes of us.  And could showcase models who fit that "description" to give us a good idea of the fit on a body type or any body type.  It could be inclusive and inspiring too.   

If my dog doesn't like you, neither do I.